Triple windows reduce the noise
Windows with triple glazing - does that mean better sound insulation?
Soundproofing for windows
With the windows closed you should be able to read, watch TV or sleep undisturbed. For this it is necessary that the window has an appropriate sound-absorbing effect.
Which sound insulation is required at a certain location depends on the level of the respective ambient noise and on one's own sensitivity to noise.
In order to better classify the effect of sound-insulating glass, the VDI guideline 2719 defines certain sound insulation classes for windows.
The measure for the assignment to a certain sound insulation class is the degree of noise reduction. The volume difference in dB A (decibel A) between the noise in front of and behind the window is measured.
It should be noted, however, that the volume measure is not a constantly increasing value. Noise that is reduced by 10 dB is subjectively perceived as half as loud. Conversely, increasing the soundproofing insulation by 10 dB means that the noise outside is then only perceived as half as loud.
Windows of sound insulation class 1 have a noise insulation capacity of 25-29 dB, in class 2 the outside noise is already attenuated by 30-34 dB. The highest noise protection class that is assessed is class 6, in which the outside noise through the window is attenuated by more than 50 dB.
Soundproofing with triple glazing
Compared to double-glazed windows, triple-glazed windows already have a slightly higher sound insulation value from the outset. This is due to the additional glass pane.
However, you have to note that a surcharge for sound insulation is significantly higher for a triple-glazed window than for a double-glazed window. So if it is primarily about noise protection and special insulating windows are required, you should definitely consider whether to buy double or triple glazed windows.
The prices for double-glazed windows are usually cheaper than for triple-glazed windows. Of course, the U-value of the window still plays a role in the selection. Ideally, you will find windows with a high level of thermal insulation and sound insulation.
Under certain circumstances, you can upgrade your existing windows with soundproofing foils to a certain extent. However, the effect is only limited to certain achievable values.
- Why do the Canadian police carry firearms
- How do you actually practice self-love
- May it snow in July
- Which is the best free paraphrase tool
- How are professional finance jobs in Australia
- Where can I buy fantastic furniture
- How to write a research article
- Did Jesus live in India
- Why am I stuck in interviews?
- Which MBTI types are similar
- How did communism develop in China?
- How does an ultrasound detect Hashimoto's disease
- How difficult is it to make an animated film
- Why is English important to Indians
- How can I have an anonymous transfer
- Where do you buy body jewelry
- Why do we like sweets
- What is Aflacs Health Insurance Program
- What would happen if Canada annexed Alaska?
- How do you get off to a successful start?
- What are Canada's flaws
- How do we feel eye contact
- Why is excitement bad for us?
- Who wrote the Bhagavad Gita 1
- Help me choose a doctor
- What is the difference between Marxism and Communism
- What is the Delhi Airport Metro Route
- How many countries have a caste system
- What if the earth has life
- Bill Gates is a genius
- What is a super current
- How can I buy Ideonella sakaiensis online
- What do the Greeks think of Turkish tourists?