Aspirins are blood thinners
Blood thinners: who is ASS 100 useful for?
The active ingredient acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), available as a drug including aspirin, is a popular blood thinner. The active ingredient is often offered in a dosage of 100 milligrams per tablet (ASS 100). After a heart attack or a stroke, those affected should take it daily to prevent new blood vessel blockages. A recent study shows that discontinuation often leads to a heart attack or stroke within a few days. The reason: the platelets renew themselves every five days. Without medication, they can clump together and, in the worst case, seal a vessel. Anyone who has been prescribed blood thinners by the doctor should take them permanently.
Operation: discontinuation of ASA 100 is often risky
Doctors often advise stopping ASA before surgery because it could lead to heavy bleeding. According to experts, however, this is only necessary for a few operations. The risk of suffering a heart attack or stroke by stopping is too high.
Side effects of ASA 100
Those who do not belong to any risk group should not take ASS 100 regularly. The risk of side effects such as stomach bleeding is then much higher than the expected benefit. According to experts, low-dose aspirin therapy can double the risk of developing an ulcer on the stomach or duodenum.
ASS 100 for cancer prevention
At the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg it has been proven that ASA 100 can prevent cancer. This is especially true for tumors in the gastrointestinal tract. People who have had multiple cancers in their families, especially colon cancer, should talk to their doctor about taking ASA as a precautionary measure. With all others, the risk of serious side effects is greater than the benefit.
This topic in the program:
Visit | 10/10/2017 | 8:15 pm
- What are the main branches of philosophy
- Are my eyes grayer or bluer
- Without any knowledge of Java, I can learn Spark
- How can creativity be negative
- Why are Yeezes so expensive
- How do you renegotiate a salary offer
- China is bigger than Japan
- What are the uses of compilers
- What scams do customers in shops
- Divya Bharti was killed by Shiv Sena
- Writer lives in the moment
- How can society solve its biggest problem
- What are your favorite photos
- Where can I get professional nutritional supplements from?
- How can I buy paper share certificates
- Creatinine levels rise in patients with hypothyroidism
- What kind of sandstone does quartz make
- What is the quality of stainless steel
- What are the disadvantages of RAM
- How do I dress sexy girls
- How is CS doing at IIT Hyderabad
- Are news channels reliable
- What's your favorite Calgary pizzeria
- How do you become a fashionable teenager