What can psychiatrists do
What is a psychiatric examinationThe psychiatric examination serves to clarify disorders and diseases of the psyche (soul, spirit). These can be pathological disorders of feelings, mood, thinking, memory, experience or behavior. The causes for this can be in the emotional or physical area. The emotional causes include, for example, current stress, previous stressful life events, internal or interpersonal conflicts. Physical causes are e.g. disorders of the brain metabolism, hormonal disorders, or thyroid diseases, but chronic pain can also have a negative effect on the psyche.
The psychiatric examination is an examination from psychiatry and psychotherapy.
Special preparation for the examination is requiredA psychiatric examination can be done without any special preparation.
What will be clarified before the examinationNo special clarification is necessary beforehand.
How is a psychiatric examination carried outThe psychiatric examination includes an examination interview, a physical examination, laboratory tests (blood analysis and urinalysis), specific tests (e.g. attention test, ADHD test) and, if necessary, X-ray examinations (e.g. exclusion of a brain tumor). The core of the psychiatric examination is the examination conversation between doctor and patient, both for diagnosis and for establishing a relationship of trust (so-called `` doctor-patient relationship ''). Talking to people close to you often also provides additional helpful information (external anamnesis).
When is a psychiatric examination used?The psychiatric examination serves to diagnose and monitor the course of disorders and diseases of the psyche. However, it is also useful as a supplementary examination for many physical illnesses, as many physical illnesses can have a negative effect on the psyche. For example, chronic pain puts a heavy strain on the psyche and can lead to depression. The effects of physical complaints on the psyche and vice versa in the sense of holistic medicine can only be recorded through a supplementary psychiatric examination. So if the doctor asks about your mental health, this does not automatically mean that he suspects a mental illness.
Common reasons for a psychiatric examination are:
Does the psychiatric examination have any risks or side effectsThere are no risks involved in this investigation. Further examinations such as laboratory tests or X-ray examinations can possibly be associated with corresponding risks.
Related clinical pictures
- Dependence, drug addiction, addiction, addiction disease, addictions
- Anxiety disorder, panic attack, phobia
- Borderline syndrome, borderline disorder, personality disorder, personality disorders
- Burnout syndrome
- Dementia, senile dementia
- Anxiety (fear, panic, anxiety disorders, panic attack)
- Concentration disorders (poor concentration, lack of concentration, concentration problems, distractibility, absent-mindedness)
- Dizziness (vertigo, dizziness, attacks of dizziness, imbalance)
- Confusion (acute confusion, delirium, confused state, passage disorder)
- Liberia was colonized by the United States
- Why are watches so popular
- How do I change my negative attitude?
- Really like Sikh girls Sikh boys
- Why are men especially ashamed, especially men
- Which plant does vanilla come from?
- There are free movies on Netflix
- What is the difference between liberal socialists and progressives?
- Any nation can change its flag color
- Why don't some people do their job
- Why are leftists called liberals
- Is Shazam Film better than Captain Marvel
- How are refugees resettled?
- How powerful is Burma
- How boring are you
- Does the chakra meditation work
- How is motivation the key to success?
- What is a fudge cake
- Are cabbage rolls gluten-free
- What do Koreans think of Arabs
- What is a mala pearl necklace
- Will Messi ever leave Barcelona?
- Studying computer science is a good thing
- What are Mcleodganj Dharamshalas local delicacies
- Which is the national bird of India
- Are ENFPs shy people
- Smells the cradle cap
- How common is a sadistic personality disorder
- How do I study abroad after BBA
- How do you look today
- Why does China want the Scarborough Shoal
- How to say mom in Polish