Japan requires a visa
Embassy of Japan in Germany
在 ド イ ツ 日本国 大使館
Entry into Japan for a temporary stay and general information
For English information please click here.
German citizens do not need a visa for a tourist stay or a business trip of up to 90 days. Tourists can request an extension of their stay at a regional immigration office (入 管理局) for a further 90 days. However, the embassy cannot guarantee that the extension will be approved.
To enter Japan, it is sufficient to present the passport that is valid for the duration of the stay. Vaccinations are currently not required.
You do not need an appointment to apply for a visa. Please come to the consular department during our opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Information for foreign citizens
Travelers who hold passports whose country is not on the list must apply for a visa at the relevant Japanese diplomatic mission abroad.
Temporary stays include tourist trips, business trips (e.g. participation in a conference), study trips, family visits, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions about the purpose of your trip. The visa is issued for 15, 30 or 90 days.
Visa applications for temporary stays can be applied for three months before departure.
Documents required to apply for a visa for a temporary stay in Japan:
- Valid passport
- Valid residence permit for Germany
- Fully completed visa application form / All citizens of the successor states of the former Soviet Union please submit two application forms.
- A passport photo (frontal photo, light background, no scans or copied passport photos) that is not older than 6 months and not damaged / All citizens of the successor states of the former Soviet Union please submit two passport photos.
- Flight reservation
- Hotel bookings for the duration of your stay or
- In the event that you are going to stay with friends / relatives: letter of invitation and letter of guarantee. We also need an employment contract or a certificate of study from the inviting party. If the inviting person is a foreigner, we need a copy of the passport (personal information page) and the page of the visa, entry and / or exit stamp for Japan. In addition, the inviting person should send you a registration as a foreigner from the citizens' office where he / she is registered. We need a registration certificate from the Japanese.
- Current proof of financing (salary slip, bank statement, etc.)
- For students: Certificate of enrollment for the current semester
- Travel plan
All information in this part is of a general nature. We reserve the right to request further documents even after checking your documents.
If you have any further questions, please contact us by
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (030) 21094 0
- What factors affect the share price
- Why Audi isn't in the F1 race
- Are taxis safe in Athens?
- How could people look like in heaven?
- How can I buy a dress
- Why does my back hurt every day
- Who sells the best roast chicken
- Can a stone change a person's fortune?
- Why are INFPs so darn arrogant
- Is the BMI over 50 dangerous
- What does a software developer actually do
- How does Israel feel about Christianity?
- When is one considered a failure?
- Whites came from Great Britain
- Are Nike sample shoes suitable for wearing
- What are the achievements of Sushma Swaraj
- Can you get a bond out of jail
- Which country had the first female president?
- Why socialism and why now
- How does society affect our education system
- How do i make a punjabi friend
- How do I romanticize a Canadian girl
- How do I do a research paper
- Why do the people of Formula 1 watch the race?