Raspberry Pi versus Arduino
Difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi
Key difference - Arduino vs. raspberry pi
The Main difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi that is Arduino is a microcontroller development board while Raspberry Pi is a general purpose computer based on the Linux operating system.
The choice of Arduino or Raspberry Pi depends on the project being developed. This article describes the most common Arduino Uno and Raspberry Pi B +. Compared to Arduino, the power consumption is generally lower and the speed is higher in Raspberry pi.
1. Overview and main difference
2. What is Arduino?
3. What is Raspberry Pi?
4. Similarities Between Arduino and Raspberry Pi
5. Side by Side Comparison - Arduino vs Raspberry Pi in Tabular Form
What is Arduino
The Arduino development board contains microcontroller, programming hardware, USB programming interface, reset button, power connector, etc. There are different types of Arduino boards such as Arduino Uno, Mega, Nano. The most common Arduino board, Arduino Uno, has two microcontrollers. The ATmega328 is programmed by the user. The ATmega16U2 is already preprogrammed and is used for USB communication. The IO pins are used to connect to the outside world. There are digital and analog pins.
The Arduino IDE is used to write the programs for the development board. It can be used to write code, compile, debug, and finally upload the code to the card. The Arduino IDE makes project development faster and easier. This software is free and open source. The programs written in Arduino IDE are similar to C programs. It's easy to integrate Arduino into hardware using shields. This shield can be stacked directly on top of the Arduino. The ethernet shield is used to connect to ethernet. The colored LCD screen serves as an interface to the display. The programmer can use this shield directly and invoke the library functions required to perform the required task.
What is Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi runs on an operating system. It's an additional layer of software that deals with hardware. In Arduino the application runs directly on the microcontroller, in Raspberry Pi the application should go through the operating system to control the hardware.
There are different versions like Raspberry pi A, B, B +. Raspberry Pi B + contains the Broadcom BCM 2836 System on Chip (SoC). The processors and the other components are interconnected to form an entire system. The processor is a Broadcom BCM 2826 ARM-based processor. ARM processors are the core of most IoT devices. Raspberry Pi can be programmed with languages such as Python, C ++.
It also includes a graphic processing unit (GPU). It helps speed up graphics. It has 40 GPIO (General Purpose Input Output Pins). There are 4 USB ports and an RJ45 Ethernet port. There is a USB ethernet interface IC that is used to communicate with ethernet and USB ports. There is also a CSI camera port. The HDMI port helps in connecting the device to the monitor. The DSI is a monitor interface for displays. It's an alternative to HDMI. The micro SD card is in the micro SD slot. It's on the back of the board.
What is the Similarity Between Arduino and Raspberry Pi?
- Both Arduino and Raspberry Pi can be used to create Internet of Things (IoT) and embedded systems.
What is the difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi?
Ardunio versus Raspberry Pi
|Arduino is a single board microcontroller that provides an open source platform for building hardware and software environments.||Raspberry Pi is a small, single-board computer designed to promote teaching the basics of computer science in schools and in developing countries.|
|The speed of Arduino is 16 MHz.||The speed of the Raspberry Pi is 900 MHz.|
|Arduino has a lower address space because it is an 8-bit microcontroller.||Raspberry Pi supports a larger address space because it has a 32-bit processor.|
|Input output voltage level|
|Input output voltage levels for Arduino are 0V and 5V.||Input output voltage levels for Raspberry Pi are 0V and 3.3V.|
|Arduino has 32K Flash, 2K SRAM and 1K EEPROM.||Raspberry Pi has 4 GB Flash, 512K SRAM and Micro SD.|
|Arduino doesn't run on an operating system.||Raspberry Pi runs under an operating system.|
Summary -Arduino vs. raspberry pi
This article describes the difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi. The difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi is that Arduino is a microcontroller development board while Raspberry Pi is a general purpose computer based on the Linux operating system.
- How does silver cause a chemical change?
- How do I get the best look
- Most girls may be girls
- You can wear gold-plated jewelry every day
- Bangladesh is more developed than Vietnam
- BTS knows sign language
- Are standard garbage bags recyclable
- Ireland was a colony of England Great Britain
- What do you think of gold jewelry
- Why is Nike a good company
- What is your opinion about living in a youth hostel?
- What is tearing you apart inside
- Which fruit is Michigan known for?
- Who is the hottest supermodel
- What color does white reflect
- What are the saddest romance anime
- What is PRC for government employees
- Which plant does vanilla come from?
- Should American Nazis be charged with treason
- Is it easy to get into the KLU?
- Should I move from Europe to Australia
- Friendship is more important than love
- Why are backlinks important for link building
- What is the salary of television actors