Did God create Christianity
Creator God and Evolution
According to the Bible, the world was created in seven days. Science, on the other hand, estimates that four and a half billion years lie between the creation of planet earth and the appearance of the first humans. How can Christians feel about these seemingly contradicting statements?
As a prerequisite for an answer, it should be noted that representatives of the faith and natural scientists think about different questions:
Faith is based on the question "On what does man trust? What for does man live? ”He replies:“ As you are, God willed you and commissioned you to preserve creation. ”With this, faith says something about the original ground and the original destiny of man.
In contrast, natural science tries to answer the question "How did man come into being?" So far it has been assumed that humans and all other living beings will continue to develop if a random change in the genes (mutation) leads to an individual being able to adapt even better to his environment than his fellow species. This enables him to reproduce more successfully and thus pass on his genes to the next generation.
So the representatives of religion and science deal with different questions. Therefore, the two explanatory approaches cannot be compared with one another. That's what it says answerthat Christians also believe in a creator God at the same time and can explain the development of living beings using the theory of evolution. Faith and science are not mutually exclusive.
The Protestant Church encourages a dialogue with representatives of the natural sciences in order to be able to better understand the reality of the world in its entirety.
Christian belief in creation
In the Bible there is two different accounts of creationthat tell of how God created the world. In the older, second story, the author reports that God first formed man out of earth and breathed life into him, only then did God let plants sprout. This story is believed to date from around 950 BC. Chr .. (Genesis chapter 2, verse 5 ff)
About 400 years later the first, more recent creation account was written, with the words of which the Bible begins (Genesis chapter 1, verse 1): "In the beginning God created heaven and earth." Here God creates the world and living beings through his word , so also humans. In contrast to the older report, the earth is already inhabited by plants and animals before humans appear.
The authors of the two biblical accounts relied on their knowledge in their respective time and they tried to explain how the earth and living beings could have come into being; There were no natural sciences in the modern sense. One thing, however, connects the reports: They assume that God the Creator is. The Statement of belief Both texts say that humans as well as animals and plants are creatures of God, that they are willed by God. Humans have a unique special position. As the image of God, man has the task of dealing responsibly with his fellow creatures, animals and plants.
- Was Genghis Khan a Muslim
- What is column foundation
- What is the best API for shipping calculation
- How can we stop suicide?
- Help Indian billionaires help the poor
- What ring size do I have
- Where is the Chinese Silicon Valley located
- How bad words became a thing
- Can your hair change color naturally
- Smarter people are nicer
- What caused Rasputin's death
- Are women more flexible than men
- How do I learn more about technology
- What is the best tea in the world
- What do nurses never tell their patients
- How long does it take for cuts to heal
- Do you like homemade food or microwave
- Is Angela Merkel liberal or conservative
- What is female version of Pinoy
- Are Russians in Baltic countries generally nationalistic?
- Wore the old Roman hats
- Crime How do I fight local corruption
- Which is the Tamil god
- Weight loss shakes are good
- How do I overcome shyness or insecurity
- Do you like to live in the USA?
- How is an educated person
- How can I motivate digital marketing
- What is the advantage of Litecoin over Etherium
- What is the extrude command in AutoCAD
- How does it feel to be insecure
- What are the benefits of being mean
- How big is the Google database
- Why don't conservatives believe they are anti-Semitic?