Why do we remember dreams
Why not everyone can remember their dreams
Dreams are produced in sleep. In order to save them, however, the brain has to be awake. So if you wake up less often at night, you have less time to archive your dreams. And then of course I can't remember it the next morning. Because what is not saved cannot be called up. The tendency for such nocturnal waking and storage phases seems to depend on the activity of a special brain region that processes external stimuli. This is what neuroscientist Perrine Ruby and her colleagues from the Lyon Neuroscience Research Center in France found out.
They had divided 41 volunteers into two groups: On the one hand, those who remembered their dreams well and who still had them present on average about five mornings a week. On the other hand, there are the "bad memories" who could only remember their dreams an average of twice a month. With the help of positron emission tomography, the researchers then measured the volunteers' brain activities during the nocturnal sleep and wake phases. It was shown that the "good memories" showed greater activity in the medial prefrontal cortex and, above all, in a junction between the temporal and parietal lobes. In an earlier study, the South African neuropsychologist Mark Solms had already proven that injuries to these two brain areas mean that you can no longer remember your dreams.
You might also be interested in
- How do you recognize a female INTP
- Is race important or humanity
- Which community is wealthier in Tamilnadu?
- Does Brazil have a border with France
- Should I learn Chinese or Spanish?
- What is a change in life
- Is Boris Johnson a good person
- How healthy is a ham sandwich
- How do perceptions influence individual behavior?
- How painful is hell
- Are club factory electronic products genuine?
- What do you mean by national interest
- Which is the best sport for beginners
- Is wheatgrass powder beneficial
- Which is very useful Quickbook account software
- Did you receive your wedding dress
- Why would someone want to get married?
- What are some unusual breakfast ideas
- How was your UPSC ESE 2019 interview
- What is the best forage badminton racket
- Why does Polea like Albania so much
- Why do Hindu terrorists lynch innocent Muslims
- How do I remove sunscreen from the skin
- How is Papua Indonesia doing as a foreigner
- How do RSA and AES differ
- Where can I buy men's wholesale jeans
- Why did you choose to ask questions
- Why would anyone choose NYU over Columbia
- What are the Chinese business principles
- Why are there two ovaries
- Why do I become ignorant
- How can I use social security
- What is the best multivitamin for toddlers
- Distance learning at Kuvempu University is valid