What is the most inefficient means of transport
You shouldn't throw money on the street
From Hanspeter Guggenbühl
If we reject the surcharge for the motorway vignette on November 24th, we will save the car owners additional costs of sixty francs a year. We are accepting to represent the same position as the Touring Club of Switzerland (TCS) or the Swiss People's Party (SVP). But we have the better arguments. While rights and road traffic associations primarily protect their automobile customers, green-left no-voters are concerned with the principle. Respectively by two commandments.
The first is the polluter pays principle. According to this, the users of the streets should pay their costs according to the originator. The vignette contradicts this principle: Those who only drive the national road once a year pay the same as commuters who use the motorway every day, wear it down and clog it up. Far better than a fixed fee are distance-based charges to finance transport costs.
The second commandment is: You shouldn't throw money on the street. But this is exactly what the Federal Council and the parliamentary majority intend to do. They want to convert 383 kilometers of cantonal roads into national roads and finance their expansion and maintenance in the future with the additional income from the vignette sale, because the cantons do not have the necessary money. The rejection of the higher vignette price thus slows down further road construction. And that's good. Because more roads bring more car traffic, and more car traffic requires more roads. This means that preference is given to the most inefficient means of transport: an oversized motor sets 1500 kilos of packaging in motion in order to move an average of 1.4 people or one hundred kilos of freight from A to B.
A green-left no to the vignette surcharge thus not only protects the automotive consumer, but also throws some sand into the drive of the unproductive spiral of traffic.
If you value the independent and critical journalism of WOZ, you are welcome to support us financially:
- A career in the sanitary industry is in demand
- What is the Midwood Manhattan neighborhood known for?
- How do MBTI types differ between the sexes?
- How can I get amazing writing skills
- What are some of your favorite dreams
- Who doesn't wear matching socks?
- Can an NFL player play rugby
- What makes you a public figure
- Indian girls go to the gym
- What is courage
- How is LNG transported
- How to say curiosity in Polish
- What kind of employee is an INFJ
- You can use cash for uberEATS
- Where can I get the best women's watches
- What is your only need that anyone could meet
- Do we really need PCs
- What is alcohol disorder
- Is Snyder a Jewish name
- When should you officially choose a career?
- Why socialism and why now
- Can we swim with a bra?
- Why is HI more acidic than HCl
- How does economic development affect human development
- Why do Nordic countries have similar flags
- Have you ever been discriminated against?
- What are the benefits of secularism
- Can someone levitate while doing yoga
- How healthy are Knoedel
- What is the clothing style of young Americans
- Should I wear panties under my salwar
- Was Nietzsche Anti Black