How long does sterling silver jewelry last
Materials and their gilding
Our jewelry is made inSteel, brass, zinc, sterling silveras inReal goldproduced. Gold-plated jewelry is a beautiful and very popular alternative in times of rising gold prices.Precious metals, howsilverorgolddiffer in some points fromsteelorBrass.
Gold plated jewelry
For the durability and quality of the products is theCirculationthe gold layer is crucial. The thickness of the gilding is inmicronspecified. The specification in microns is independent of the weight and thickness of the base and only expresses the thickness of the gold layer. I only use one for my jewelry10 micron gold plating. This edition has a thickness of 0.01mm (1 micron = 1 / 1000mm gold plating) and is extremely high quality. Usually, gold-plated jewelry is 1 to 3 microns gold plated. It is very difficult to coat more than 10 microns, otherwise the gold layer will begin to peel off. Say more gold plating is simply not possible.
The 18 carat gold plating
Different alloys are used to gild a piece of jewelry. we work with one without exception18 carat gold plating. Carat is oneDenomination of fineness. The fineness refers to the proportion of gold that is contained in an alloy. 1000 parts of an alloy are divided into 24 carats. With an 18-carat gold plating, there are750 of 1000 partsmade of gold, with 14 carat gold plating, there are only 585 parts. A piece of jewelry that is 14 carat gold plated is therefore always milder in color than 18 carat gold plating.
Each label has a different shade of gold. When buying your jewelry, it is best to always make sure that you choose parts with the same fineness so that they match in color.
- We only use 925 sterling silver.
- Silver is a shiny white and very high quality precious metal.
- Silver has the positive property of not being attacked by the oxygen in the air (oxidizing).
- After a long time, however, the silver can take on a yellowish to black color (the so-called tarnishing), as it is attacked by the hydrogen sulfide in the air or the pH value of the skin.
- High humidity and enormous temperature differences intensify the reaction.
- If silver is used daily and properly stored and cared for, tarnishing can usually be prevented.
- If there are unwanted scratches and discoloration, silver can be polished up again.
- Steel is a popular material for making jewelry.
- We only use stainless steel for our products that are manufactured using the 3D printing process.
- stainless steel does not rust or oxidize - it is a very durable material.
- Brass is a copper alloy that contains a certain amount of zinc.
- It is a popular material for costume jewelry.
- In contrast to gold and silver, it does not belong to the precious metals and is therefore significantly cheaper.
- Due to the copper contained in brass, brass jewelry unfortunately tends to oxidize after a while, especially in places where you sweat a lot, such as the neck, for example - as a result, a greenish patina develops on the piece of jewelry.
- We recommend customers who tend to have a high sweat production to buy sterling silver or real gold jewelry instead of brass-based jewelry.
- Despite all this, we like to use brass as a base material, especially for rings and bracelets - even if one day the gold layer has worn away in certain places, these are not directly visible in contrast to sterling silver in the background.
- Brass is much more fragile than silver and is difficult to polish up again.
- When should I stay home from school?
- What did you dream of yesterday
- Do the Greeks claim that Illyrians are Greeks
- Why are gemstones so valuable and unique
- Why is HI more acidic than HCl
- What are the benefits of yoga 5
- Why is India a great country 5
- How can I know physics
- How important technology is in education
- What is the perfect starter luxury watch
- What does it mean to you to be minimalist
- A convertible is a good first car
- How can I get lovable
- Will Messi ever leave Barcelona?
- Which colonies does the USA have
- How long do leather jackets last
- How can you cure lower stomach pain
- What's the best way to send money
- Is Crest Toothpaste Better Than Colgate
- What are the solvents for sulfur
- What makes you stronger
- What do I need to travel
- Which is better NDTV or Times Now
- What is India's biggest internal problem