Will defeat Thor Thanos in Avengers Endgame
Avengers: Endgame maker reveals: Thanos was almost defeated by Captain America
In “Avengers: Endgame”, Thanos messed up the three best-known Avengers, clearly the very best. As one of the makers confirmed, it almost turned out differently.
- Warning: Spoilers for "Avengers: Endgame" will follow! -
In “Avengers: Endgame” he proved that Thanos (Josh Brolin) is a powerful opponent even without infinity stones. Captain America (Chris Evans), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) fought him together and were clearly left behind. According to director Joe Russo, one of the three Avengers actually almost managed to defeat Thanos - and all by himself.
We're talking about Steve Rogers, who, thanks to Thor's hammer Mjölnir, heated up Thanos in the meantime and visibly got the titan into swimming. Commenting on the audio commentary on the streaming version of Avengers: Endgame (via comicbook.com), Joe Russo says, “We learn in Civil War that Cap is one of the best fighters.” At the time, Tony Stark's AI called Friday meant that Iron Man Cap could not beat in a direct duel. “Now we see what an even more powerful cap looks like in the fight against Thanos. And he almost defeats him. "
Captain America actually scored the most hits against Thanos
In the same audio commentary, Endgame author Stephen McFeely points out that Steve knows exactly how to use Mjölnir. He swings it against his own shield in order to throw Thanos out of balance with the resulting pressure wave, he gives Thanos a few heavy blows and sizzles him with lightning. Captain America is clearly helped by the martial arts acclaimed by Joe Russo. Cap is definitely a capable fighter, eventually defeating Iron Man despite his suit and AI. He also scores more hits with Thanos than the other two Avengers and even manages to bring Thanos to the ground with a real combo.
The fact that he is left behind in the end is probably due to the fact that, unlike Thanos, Captain America does not have an almost indestructible skin. After the Titan was able to shake off the related beating, he in turn landed a few blows and finally inflicts nasty wounds on Cap with his sword. At this point, at the latest, he has won the duel, but Steve Rogers may have sold more expensive than many would have expected him to.
Here you can find out what awaits you in the MCU in the future:
Scarlet Witch could definitely have defeated Thanos on his own
Captain America is not the only Avenger who almost defeated Thanos on his own in "Endgame". MCU boss Kevin Feige, in turn, said that Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) would certainly have defeated the titan without help. As is well known, this did not happen, also because Thanos was ultimately able to get the Infinity Stones back. It took a clever trick and the sacrifice of Tony Stark to win the day for the Avengers and the rest of the universe.
If you want to enjoy the audio commentary by the "Avengers: Endgame" makers yourself, you can do so thanks to the stream and on DVD and Blu-ray.
The following quiz will tell you whether you are an MCU expert:
did you like this article? Discuss with us about the latest theatrical releases, your favorite series and films that you are eagerly waiting for - on Instagram and Facebook.
- How do you assess the economic reservation
- Which European countries never had colonies?
- Can an art student study science
- Is it easy to get into the KLU?
- Why are INTJs difficult in relationships
- Where can I buy HGH online
- How do I get an SMS send order
- What is meant by PRC Telangana
- Are China's intentions in Africa neo-colonialism
- What is the best bridal wear
- What is the San Francisco Giants Font
- What does homeowner insurance not cover?
- Why are we so drawn to violence?
- What are some gold bridal jewelry designs
- Is Oprah Winfrey overrated
- Why are gemstones so valuable and unique
- How are Japanese prisons
- Which countries did Italy colonize?
- What is human behavior these days
- What's wrong with my C code
- What kind of guy do girls like
- Is overdraft or direct debit
- Is it possible to build a column without a foundation?
- Is cotton candy nutritious