Who are khatris
Modest infrastructure - despite an infinite number of arguments for the bicycle
Naviki interview: Atul Khatri
Atul Khatri is one of India's most successful comedians. At the same time he is a bicycle enthusiast and uses the bike in everyday life, leisure time and as a piece of sports equipment. We asked him what biking means to him and what role he sees for bicycles in mobility.
Naviki: What purpose do you usually ride a bike for?
Atul: I use the bike as a great tool for training. I'm 51 years old and I do great cardio training on my bike. It also keeps my knees fit.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of cycling for you personally?
The number of advantages is infinite. It's the most effective cardio workout even when compared to running or swimming. The only downside in my city is that in Mumbai it is a very early morning activity. In fact, the best way to get around is at night because there is enough space on the road. Our infrastructure is currently not particularly acceptable for cyclists.
Many cities in Europe and North America are encouraging their citizens to switch from cars to bicycles. Could this also become a trend in India?
This should actually happen, because the bicycle is the best solution for mobility. Unfortunately, because of the lack of bicycle infrastructure and the lack of consideration of drivers for cyclists, biking does not yet have the desired proportion of traffic.
So what can be done to make cycling much more popular in India?
Better roads and special bike paths on these roads. In addition, better training of drivers so that they respect and show consideration for cyclists.
What waslatelyyour most exciting cycling experience?
Last year I did a very nice bike ride in Keswick in the English Lake District. A huge contrast to the air and traffic situation in my hometown Mumbai. My lungs opened!
Thank you Atul!
- What are some common scams in Antwerp
- Nationalism is growing in Great Britain
- Is procrastination just laziness or something deeper
- Is American Parenting Better Than Indian Parenting
- How do criminals launder money
- What do you think of Narendra Modi
- Which universities offer the best professional preparation
- What is the fee for UG NX
- How important is Instagram to fashion brands
- Which is the best scottish band
- Orientation towards asexuality is genetically determined
- What are great suggestions for cabinet design
- Women see boring men as ugly
- Why are gemstones so valuable and unique
- What is life before and after death
- What should a political activist know
- Which fashion brands are dying or have passed away
- Should a SAP consultant decide in favor of PMP
- Girls like sporty men
- How do I write a term paper
- Can a phlebotomist start an IV
- You can make paper with cotton balls
- What is between allies and enemies
- The people of Japan drink coffee
- Will China invade the Philippines?
- What is an SMS gateway
- How long will people deny climate change
- What makes Canada different from other countries
- Why is candy so important on Halloween
- Should the president testify during the impeachment process
- Why doesn't Victoria's Secret sell men's underwear?
- What makes expensive watches better
- What if I don't feel safe