Are cabbage rolls gluten-free
// by Nico Richter // A comment
You only know cabbage rolls from grandma's kitchen? No more - now you cook yourself!
When the weather is cold, our appetite for something “hearty” increases. Of course, a beloved classic, like our cabbage rolls, from grandma's kitchen should not be missing. Some may not have dared to come up with a recipe like this before. But we promise you that our cabbage rolls are really easy to prepare and are easy to master even for "novice cooks".
In principle, cabbage rolls can be prepared with all types of cabbage. We deliberately chose the savoy cabbage, which in our opinion is just perfect for this dish! Those who prefer to cook without meat should take a closer look at the recipe for the vegetarian cabbage rolls.
The recipe: cabbage rolls
- 15 savoy cabbage leaves
- 600 g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes (in a glass)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 pinch (s) of salt, pepper
- Kitchen twine or toothpick
- for the sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of paprika powder
- 400 ml bone broth
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Switch to low temperature and add 4-5 individual savoy cabbage leaves to the pot and blanch (steam) for 1-2 minutes. Take out and soak in cold water.
- For the filling, chop 1 onion, garlic cloves and parsley into small pieces. Also cut the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces. Mix everything together with the minced meat, mustard, egg, capers and spices (salt, pepper) in a bowl neatly with your hands.
- If necessary, flatten the stem of the large cabbage leaves a little on the outside without cutting into the leaf.
- Shape the minced meat mixture into small dumplings with your hands and distribute them on the leaves. Fold the cabbage edges over the dumplings on all 4 sides and wrap or pin tightly with kitchen thread or toothpicks.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the roulades all around for a few minutes and remove them.
- Cut an onion into small pieces and sweat it in the hot frying fat. Add tomato paste and paprika powder and stir in for ½ minute. Deglaze with the broth, stir and add a little salt and pepper. Place the roulades in the sauce and let the lid simmer for about 30 minutes on a medium heat.
The stuffing of the cabbage roll can of course also be prepared with your favorite ingredients. How about, for example, a mushroom / mushroom filling with bacon and rosemary?
Stuffed cabbage rolls: not only grandma can do it
We think it's important to revisit traditional recipes. Even if you've associated cabbage rolls with your grandma, there's a reason they were cooked so much back then. After all, you have a tasty, healthy and balanced diet with cabbage rolls.
Would you like to reduce the carbohydrates in the Paleo diet? Then our will help youLow carb cookbook With 40 recipesthat get by with almost no carbohydrates. Suitable for weight loss and the ketogenic diet. Included Nutrition plan, Grocery list and Carbohydrate table.
Do you like this post? Then sign up for our newsletter or follow us on facebook.
Tags: low carb recipesnuts free recipesWirsing recipes
Written by NicoWith Paleo360, Nico has fulfilled his dream of turning his passion into a profession. A lot in his everyday life revolves around health and fitness. And since he is also a connoisseur, cooking must of course not be neglected. Whenever possible, he spends a lot of time hiking and mountaineering in the nearby Alps.
Read more articles by Nico
- Young mountains are stronger than old mountains
- How can I get the best HSE course
- Is Canada's immigration system easier or more difficult
- Make Chamaeleons good pets
- How did the British public view decolonization?
- Is James Comey in legal trouble
- When is it good to be diplomatic?
- What happens when all countries become communist
- What is CanCon Canada
- Would you go to the pub naked
- What is Golden Pearl
- How are martial arts viewed as arts
- Is Captain Marvel too powerful
- What are most people doing on Facebook
- Who wrote the game Cyberpunk 2020
- How can I change India 1
- How can cable monopolies be legal
- When can babies eat eggs?
- What is a manufacturer license
- What is the more evolutionary reasoning behind jealousy
- What mental illness causes self harm
- Why do Pakistani Hindus hate India
- Why is software testing important 1
- What's your favorite brand