Who helped Hitler during World War II
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Second World War
In a nutshell
War from 1939 to 1945
The Second World War lasted from 1939 to 1945. It began on September 1, 1939 when German troops invaded neighboring Poland. It ended on May 8, 1945 in Europe with the surrender of Germany and in early September 1945 in Asia, where Japan, as an ally of Germany, had waged war against the USA. More than 60 million people were killed in the war.
Germany wanted to be powerful again
The National Socialists had come to power in Germany in 1933 under the leadership of the dictator Adolf Hitler. They wanted Germany to be big and powerful again. They no longer wanted to accept the provisions of the Versailles Peace Treaty, which limited Germany's power after the First World War.
The beginning of the world war
Germany started the war on September 1, 1939. Poland was the first country to be invaded and occupied by German troops. Germany was allied with Italy and Japan. These powers were called "Axis Powers". During the six years of the war, the Axis' opponents were mainly Great Britain, France, the Soviet Union and the USA. A total of 27 nations were involved in this worldwide war. In Europe almost all countries were directly affected by the war. First, the German troops managed to conquer most of the European countries. But Germany could not defeat its opponents.
The war widened
In 1941 the US entered the war against Germany. Together with its allies, the so-called allies, the USA liberated the areas that had been occupied by the German armies. The German troops were defeated. The dictator committed suicide in Berlin on April 30, 1945. Germany surrendered (gave up) on May 8th and on May 9th 1945 the fighting in Europe was over.
Atomic bomb in Japan
But the Second World War was not over yet. Japan had waged war against the United States in Asia. The Japanese government did not give up until early September 1945 after American bombers dropped atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Hundreds of thousands of people were killed or seriously injured in the process.
Many millions of victims
In total, over 60 million people were killed in World War II. Most of the victims were in the Soviet Union, where 27 million people were killed. More than six million Jews were murdered by the Germans. Sinti and Roma and other minorities were persecuted and killed.
FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions
(Frequently Asked Questions - this is the English translation of "frequently asked questions")
your further questions ...
- Henry Ford was a good businessman
- Pakistan is a dying nation
- What are characteristics of a personality disorder
- How do you get periods right away
- Who called Earth Why Earth
- What is a Canadian PR
- India digital payment is ready
- Is China more technocratic than the US
- Math is taught incorrectly in schools
- Turmeric milk causes coughs
- Will Kerala be occupied by migrants
- How do I write an introduction to articles
- Which books should icon designers read?
- Are Al Nuaim perfumes good
- How do I remember ASL signs
- Which brand of egg is the healthiest?
- Who is the owner of Aaj Tak
- Which suns revolve around the earth
- How are martial arts viewed as arts
- What are compliance services
- How hard is it to find gold
- Hiring McDonalds 14 year olds
- Denim jackets are trendy
- Has the prison rehabilitated you