When did most contemporary poems stop rhyming?
Average rating: 3.18 of 5 with 131 votes.
Songs, birthday parties, advertisements and also volumes of poetry: you will encounter poems and poetry in many areas of your life. Here we explain the characteristics of poems and poetry and how you can better understand them.
Status: 20.09.2011 | archive
The Poetry is one of the three main genres of literary texts. In addition to the Prose / epic (narrative texts such as novels, short stories) and the Drama (Theatrical plays, dialogues) is that Poetrythe third great genus. Lyric texts are also called Poems designated.
Features of lyric texts
1. Poems are reduced to the bare essentials. A story can be told in just a few words. However, the action is not embellished and described in detail, but conveyed briefly and concisely.
2. Feelings play an important role in lyrical texts.
- love, joy, happiness, cheerfulness or
- Anger, anger, fear, sadness, hatred
3. The external form of poems differs from that of narrative texts. Classical poems are divided into stanzas, which consist of verses.
4. Lyric texts make use of certain linguistic means. These include the rhymes, the rhythm, linguistic means such as metaphors and also the special choice of words and a special sentence structure.
5. Choice of words and sentence structure do not have to obey the applicable rules.
A classic example from Heinrich Heine:
A young man loves a girl
A young man loves a girl
She has chosen someone else;
The other loves another,
And got married to this one.
The girl is getting married out of anger
The first best man
Who got in her way;
The youth is in a bad way.
It's an old story
But it always remains new;
And who is it just happening to
His heart breaks in two.
This classic poem consists of three stanzas of four verses each!
Lyric texts make use of certain linguistic means. These include the rhymes, the rhythm, linguistic means such as metaphors, linguistic images or idioms as well as the special choice of words and a special sentence structure.
Linguistic means: Linguistic characters
Linguistic figures are linguistic images and comparisons, metaphors, repetitions, many adjectives or even alliterations.
to 5. Choice of words and sentence structure
With poems it is allowed to change a word so that it rhymes or fits into the rhythm, for example.
For example: go, I'll run or something like that.
The sentence structure does not necessarily have to be grammatically correct, so ellipses, i.e. incomplete sentences, are also permitted.
For example: Open the window - bird out - be free
Modern lyric poetry - classic lyric poetry
Modern poetry defies many of the rules of classical poetry and is similar to prose.
Rhymes are not strictly necessary
There are no uniform stanzas and verses
The rhythm is irregular
Nowadays, modern lyric poetry includes all lyrics and rap songs.
- What does physiological mean
- How long does a PUBG match last
- How are left-handed people seen in Japan
- How do people get time to protest?
- What are Spark Hadoop GCP and AWS
- How do masons and freemasons differ?
- Orientation towards asexuality is genetically determined
- How can I renounce my Australian citizenship
- How about a matriarchal society
- What time zone does Afghanistan use
- Which political party has Eivind Kjorstad found
- Why does Canada not have a president?
- What do inmates think of Oz
- Why didn't Interstellar win more Oscars
- Why are the Chinese not sympathetic to animals?
- How did the white supremacy begin
- Are US cops bad
- Should I be an anesthetist?
- Freeze the propane regulators
- What would be considered taboo in Greece
- Are the Uchiha superior to the Senju?
- What are some facts about Kazakhstan
- Are Altersdoerfer happy living communities
- Ultron died in the age of Ultron
- What is quantum domain physics
- Has the migrant crisis destroyed Europe
- What is your craziest airline experience
- Should I have a second cat
- Can a Chinese snack be reheated?
- Which country loves India
- What is the difference between semantics and pragmatics
- Myself in the emergency room