Can you copyright a clothing design
Protect your logo: does it make sense or not?
From copyright.de, last update on: May 16, 2021
A logo is not infrequently that Figurehead of a company and contributes significantly to the Recognition value of a product or service. It is therefore not surprising that companies have a great interest in their To protect logo and thereby prevent possible product piracy.
FAQ on the subject of "Protect your logo"
A logo as a graphic can fall under copyright law. There is also the option of having a logo registered as a trademark.
If you would like to have a logo protected, you should carry out a so-called trademark research in advance. In the DPMA database you can see applied, registered and rejected German trademarks.
If a company decides to have a logo protected by the DPMA, it receives the exclusive right to this label. If you bring products or services with an identical symbol or a protected word mark into circulation, there may be a trademark infringement. This usually results in a warning including a declaration of discontinuance.
Have your logo legally protected: How does it work?
The Protection for a logo usually takes place via the Registration as a trademark at the DPMA. Experts speak at one of these graphic element mostly from one Figurative mark. Connects the logo Characters and graphics, however, is a so-called Word / figurative mark in front.
So that you a Protect your logo can, however, must concrete requirements fulfill. This is how brands must basically distinctive and it can't just be one pure description trade the product or service.
In addition, you can get one logo only get protected if this graphically representable is. Because according to German law is a pure protection of ideas is not possible.
Protect your logo: What are the costs?
Make up your mind to do so Protect logo to drop by Patent office for registration in principle costs at. These are at least included 290 euros. Through the Entry in the trademark register get for ten years the exclusive right for the commercial use of the label.
Would you like the logo Furthermore you can protect the Term of the property right unlimited for a period of ten years each extend. However, there is one for it Renewal fee which at at least 750 euros lies.
Additional costs can also arise when you have a Trademark law attorney with the registration or the exam order the necessary documents.
Protect your logo - short and compact
To a logo before the Recovery Protecting third parties is one Registration as a trademark possible at the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA). The trademark law gives you the exclusive rights for use in a commercial setting. Under certain requirements a logo can also be the copyright subject.
You might also be interested in:
- What is time and movement studies
- Who gave the best Oscar speech ever
- How nice are Turkish men
- Are the Indian telecommunications companies profitable
- What is a babymaker club
- What can you flush a toilet
- What do many women secretly fight with?
- Are there still layoffs at Tech Mahindra?
- Why is it so hard to quit drugs?
- Dying can be a pleasant experience
- Is the world afraid of Vietnam
- How to say other in Vietnamese
- When was Facebook launched in India
- What do great expectations relate to?
- Why are we so drawn to violence?
- What are the Canadian Household Income Quintiles
- In which country are IELTS not required
- What is Microsoft Dynamics ERP
- When do you stop thinking and know it
- Why are Indian Muslims so great
- How do you say heard in Tagalog
- What is easy for you every day
- ELI5 What is the killer app in Ethereum
- Everyday philosophy What are we
- Was it God who made the earth?
- What percentage of atheists die as atheists
- How do I solve computer internet problems
- Why do Indian Muslims tend to Congress
- What caused slavery
- How are girls treated in Arab countries
- Are there worms in the human brain
- Can a boy wear saree
- How prestigious is the Google PhD Scholarship
- Are you young at 39