The fight for Europe's rugby crown: purely French duel in the Champions Cup final
A European final, in front of spectators in the rugby temple Twickenham and for many in Germany even free to receive. Saturday turns into a holiday for rugby fans across the continent. Then France's record champions Stade Toulousain and Robert Mohr's ex-club La Rochelle duel. Who will prevail: The four-time European Cup winner Toulouse, or the re-energized men from the ... continue
Rugby versus homophobia: France leads the way
Rugby has long wanted to score with its openness and inclusiveness. Dealing with homosexuality in oval ball sports is more open than in other major sports, as shown by the campaigns in France on the Day against Homophobia. What has become a controversial topic at least since last year is how to deal with trans players. France's federation has worked on… continue
Statement from Wolfpack captain Carlos Soteras Merz
Wolfpack captain Carlos Soteras Merz sent us this statement on this Sunday afternoon, referring to the reports from Friday in Spiegel and the SRW. We publish this in full, without abbreviation or emphasis. further
Wolfpack: Between Valladolid and the upcoming European Championship defense
Something is happening again at DRV-Wolfpack. Today it became known when our sevens boys can finally defend their title. Coach Damian McGrath's team will start in Lisbon in June to repeat the feat of 2019. It's not normal this year, as the trip to the training camp with friendly matches against Spain last weekend showed. further
| Written by TotalRugby Team|
| Wednesday, May 19, 2021|
Rugby has long wanted to score with its openness and inclusiveness. Dealing with homosexuality in oval ball sports is more open than in other major sports, as shown by the campaigns in France on the Day against Homophobia. What has become a controversial topic, at least since last year, is how to deal with trans players. France's association has ...
The top 14 and the French association have recently demonstrated their commitment against homophobia and for inclusion.
| Last updated (Wednesday 19 May 2021)|
| Written by TotalRugby Team|
| Wednesday May 12, 2021|
Something is happening again at DRV-Wolfpack. Today it became known when our sevens boys can finally defend their title. Coach Damian McGrath's team will start in Lisbon in June to repeat the feat of 2019. It is not normal this year, as shown by the trip to the training camp with test matches against Spain last weekend ...
An important test for the team - this is the assessment of Wolfpack captain Soteras-Merz with a view to the test matches in Spain. Photo (c) Perlich
| Last updated (Thursday 13 May 2021)|
| Written by TotalRugby Team|
| Tuesday, May 11, 2021|
In the footsteps of the Barrett's and a certain Caleb Clarke, Anton Segner was nominated for New Zealand's U20 national team this morning, German time. For the 19-year-old from Frankfurt, recognition of his development and the next chance to recommend himself for higher tasks. The cancellation of the U20 World Cup actually helped him in the end.
In 2018, at the age of 16, Segner played for NZ Schools, New Zealand's U18 national team. Now he has taken the next step.
| Last updated Tuesday 11 May 2021|
- Reds & Crusaders triumph - now Super Rugby Trans Tasman starts
- Two finals in Super Rugby: record crowd in Brisbane, Crusaders ahead of 11th title
- Gatlands Lions for South Africa: Plenty of surprises in the B&I roster
- Raynor Parkinson in the promotion battle: "Always interested in playing for the Adler"
- Germany's rugby chat: Will Esau and the RLP pod
- Purely French final in the Champions Cup - changing of the guard in Europe?
- TR Update International: Last Lions Chance, North & Launchbury Out, Matera Next to Segner?
- Amateur rugby in England starts again - is the UK timetable a role model for Germany?
- Germany's rugby chatters: the pioneers
- Rugby Germany mourns Hans-Joachim Wallenwein
- England beat France in the Six Nations playoff
- Eric Marks - condemned to watch in the promotion battle
- Germany's rugby chat: the top dogs
- Lions Countdown: Who Will Make It To South Africa's Roster?
- Germany's rugby chatters: The newcomers
- Six Nations decision for women: England and France dominate two-class society
- Milestone for Pacific rugby: Fiji and Pacific selection in super rugby
- Unrest in the DRV: complaints and calls for help
- "Mind thing": Colin Grzanna publishes guidelines for dealing with traumatic brain injuries
- From the wolfpack into the ice channel: Joshua Pocket's unusual route
- Ex-Azzurri captain Massimo Cuttitta dies of COVID at 54
- Change of coach in the Bundesliga: Danny Stephens and Germania go their separate ways
- Controversy in England: body check for trans players
- Foreign eagle: Hagen's soaring, Mark's bad luck with injuries
- Three TR theses on the Six Nations 2021
- Scottish spoilsport bring Wales a Six Nations victory
- Showdown in Paris: can France do the miracle?
- Lions tour will probably take place in South Africa after all
- NFL star wants to go back to the Olympics in sevens, defending the European title for Wolfpack in the summer
- TR Review Six Nations: France triumphs in Paris rugby thriller, Ireland beats England
- Rugby connects: Israel and the United Arab Emirates play historic first match
- TR preview Six Nations: Welsh Grand Slam or Gaulish comeback?
- Crusader on call
- After the Bundesliga was canceled: "The right decision was made"
- TR Review Six Nations: England with sensational comeback, Wales on course for the Grand Slam
- The offload king resigns: Sonny Bill Williams hangs up his rugby boots
- TR preview Six Nations: France with Dupont against England, Wales in Rome
- Before le Crunch: England's misery, France's chance
- After the RE-Trophy was canceled: Eagles hope for games in summer and competitions in autumn
- For International Women's Day: "More girls and women on German rugby pitches"
- Rugby World Cup 2021 is postponed, players see themselves disadvantaged
- Berlin Bundesliga rugger is awarded for moral courage
- According to the new rules of the MPK: full contact rugby already this month?
- Light at the end of the tunnel? Perspectives for oval ball sports
- The Six Nations aftershocks: Galthie's corona offense, social media terror and referee scolding
- TR-Review Six Nations: Wales with a runaway victory over England, Ireland's offensive overcomes jam
- The game plan is in place: RWC 2023 starts with All Blacks against hosts France
- TR preview Six Nations: France's Corona rump troop against Scotland and the eternal duel England
- Great rugby Aotearoa to receive from Germany: All details & the schedule
- After further COVID cases: France-Scotland on the brink
- Seventh is back: Argentina wins superstar Baker with serious injury in Madrid
- The maestro resigns: Dan Carter ends his career
- After a double red and a horror injury: How can you make the jolt safer?
- Rule changes and new stars: Super Rugby AU starts under Corona sword of Damocles
- COVID shock in France: Coach Galthié and employees tested positive for Corona
- The English Premiership becomes a closed society
- TR Review Six Nations: Two thrillers and a big win
- Premiere for Anton Segner: First outing for the Crusaders in preparation for the season
- TR preview Six Nations: France competes in Dublin, England wants redress
- Visions for the Bundesliga: More independence, a better appearance & more professionalism
- Three TR theses at the start of the Six Nations: England on the ground of facts, Dupont world class
- TR Review: Scotland makes history and conquers Twickenham fortress