How do I find sponsors for football
How to find the right sponsors for your club
Finding a company to sponsor is one of the most important fundraising methods for the club. Unlike donors, sponsors expect something in return for their investments. In addition to naming the sponsor, the company's brand presence (e.g. by displaying the logo) on the club's advertising material also comes into consideration here.
Not all sponsors and clubs are compatible
The club and sponsors have to fit together so that the cooperation is promising for both sides. Unfortunately, they don't always do it, as a 2015 study shows:
As part of a sponsorship study, a research team led by Prof. Dr. David M. Woisetschläger from the Technical University of Braunschweig analyzed the sponsorship partnerships in the first and second Bundesliga. It became clear that often neither the club nor the sponsor defined the common goals. That's a shame, because it means both of them lose.
Often, smaller clubs literally play in a completely different league than the examples analyzed here. But the interaction between sponsor and club also plays an important role in sponsoring partnerships on a smaller scale.
Do goals and values match?
Sponsors are of course welcome in the club. After all, they regularly bring money into the cash register, unlike donors who only occasionally give something to the association. But the club must also be able to offer something for this, for example advertising space. And these must offer the company a real advantage, in other words: The target group that is addressed must suit the company. The decisive question from the club's point of view is therefore always: Can and do we want to offer the sponsor what he wants?
Example: The local brandy distiller would like to sponsor the association. But since mostly children and young people belong to the club, the sponsor does not fit.
Find the sponsor who really fits
Only those who identify suitable potential sponsors can address them specifically - and explain the benefits of sponsoring engagement with the respective club to them. To do this, the sponsor must find out what advantages he would get from his commitment.
The following questions can be used to determine how attractive a club is for a sponsor. The answers to these questions almost automatically reveal which company fits the club particularly well, because in return it is offered particularly interesting opportunities.
The key questions are: Which sponsor can ...
- Reach your customers better through sponsorship projects with the club than through other advertising measures?
- rather underline / strengthen the image of your company through your sponsorship projects with the association than with other means?
- Increase the level of awareness of your company positively and in the right target groups as part of a sponsoring project with the association?
- be sure that a sponsorship is in line with its communication goals and marketing?
- meet the expectations of the public with its sponsoring activities?
- be sure that the sponsoring projects are compatible with the association and the expectations of its customers?
- assume that the club corresponds to its ideal ideas in the context of its sponsorship or comes as close as possible to them?
be sure that the association meets all objective, personal and ideal criteria for a credible and efficient partnership?
- Expect the sponsor's relationship to the club to appear natural and understandable and credible to the public?
The questions may be challenging, but the answers actually help in finding sponsors.
The club has to get involved with the sponsor
Sponsors have a say in the design of the club's advertising material. This can include printing the logo on jerseys, admission tickets, autograph cards, etc. With high investments it can go so far that the names of the companies become organizers. This is particularly important when it comes to cultural sponsorship.
Companies often want to make their values tangible through sponsorship. This means that the association embodies or symbolizes part of these values itself. An externally easily understandable set of values of the association is very useful here. If the sponsor and sponsored club do not harmonize with each other, both the credibility and the image effect are called into question - this applies to the sponsor as well as to the club.
If the club's values shift during sponsorship, the sponsors may withdraw. Example: A handball team loses its dynamism or due to management intrigues it loses trust and fairness.
Another thing that is often forgotten is to thank the sponsors. It seems trivial, but an occasional thank you can have a positive effect on the relationship between the club and sponsor.
More tips to make the search for sponsors easier
Anyone looking for a sponsor for the club should ensure that there is meaningful information material about the club's goals, any special projects and the club's services. This can be sent directly with inquiries and make the decision easier for the entrepreneurs. A database that records and continuously maintains all existing contacts with sponsors is also helpful. In addition, the type of sponsorship should be precisely defined in order to make the contract watertight and not to risk the charitable nature of the association.
Would you like to find out more about club sponsorship? Then click here and test “Treasurer currently” for 30 days free of charge!
- How can I look smart
- How can I buy bitcoins in Jamaica
- What shouldn't be considered normal
- Is alcoholism common among narcissists
- Why are people not being completely honest
- How stressful can an underwriting job be
- How did Bob Ross die
- Where can I get a travel grant?
- What does an ever closer union really mean?
- What are the best jobs after 2
- China could be divided
- Support Indians CAB and NRC
- Are sweet potatoes keto
- How to improve your vocabulary
- What can God do for me
- What is Finland known for?
- Do soldiers miss the war and why
- Provides Berkeley funding for graduate students
- Why do people confuse me so much
- What are your lucky hacks
- What are current applications of expert systems
- Why do you celebrate Christmas
- Vibrate crystals
- Can subatomic life exist