Can you learn the sitar yourself?
The Sitar is an Indian plucked instrument from the long-necked lute family. He is with the intermediate level of Indian Vina a further development and expansion of the Persian Setarwhich, however, is difficult to see.
Seven metal strings run over 23 curved and movable metal frets on the wide neck, of which two (sometimes three) strings are drones in c-g tuning. The remaining strings are melody strings in c-f-g-c-c tuning. Up to 20 (today mostly 13) sympathetic strings run in the cavity of the neck, which are not struck, but only resonate at the appropriate frequency and provide a full, reverberant sound. Resonance and drone strings are tuned using pegs on the neck, while the melody strings have their pegs on the head. The relatively small body is made up of a calabash with a wooden top. Some models also have the option of screwing a second sound box to the head of the instrument.
The sitar is traditionally played while sitting with crossed legs. The strings are plucked or bowed with a finger pick and fingernails. The wide, curved ridges allow a Bending of the strings up to a sixth.
The sitar is one of the most important instruments in Indian art music. It is usually played as a soloist or accompanied by the tabla timpani and the long-necked tanpura.
If you would like to learn to play the sitar, you can find music teachers on this website who offer lessons. Take a look around!
- How do courier package tracking systems work?
- Why does trigeminal neuralgia go away
- Why do people not have population control
- What words rhyme with heaven
- Who was the first viceroy of India
- What happened to Axl Rose's face
- How do I poison myself without hurting myself
- Are you calm today
- What emotions does a narcissist not feel?
- What are the pros and cons of UCMAS
- What do the Brazilians think of Mexico?
- Is Crest Toothpaste Better Than Colgate
- Which prison is considered the toughest prison?
- What role does storytelling play in religion?
- Why do people have expectations of me
- Should be renamed Austin TX
- The world will be better
- How would simultaneous interpreters interpret Trump's language
- Which factors make a country successful?
- Can cats eat cardboard?
- How is Russia a superpower
- Which universities are considered to be the elite?
- May Pashtuns Persians
- What makes sex or cocaine more enjoyable
- How much should an architect designer charge
- All positive thinking people are positive
- Barack Obama is misunderstood
- Why is pyridine more basic than aniline
- What is an athlete
- Why are most people such cowards
- Can autistic people lead a normal life?
- How fashionable do you consider yourself
- Air tickets are cheaper around midnight