NFL teams are good investments
The 10 most valuable sports teams - Real Madrid no longer at the top
A lot of money can be made not only on the stock market, but also in sports. This is impressively demonstrated by the profits of sports associations such as the world football association FIFA (2017 revenue: US $ 743 million) and the American National Football League (NFL), which had sales of around US $ 13 billion in 2016.
This development has left its mark on the corresponding NFL teams, which are now worth several billion US dollars. Even the glorious FC Bayern Munich can just keep up, even though Bayern are valued at US $ 3.1 billion according to the Forbes ranking (2018). This is the top 10 most valuable sports teams in the world.
10. Washington Redskins (market value: $ 3.1 billion)
The Washington Redskins are a team from the American NFL and were originally founded as the Boston Braves in 1932. The Washington Redskins won the NFL championship twice (1937 and 1942) and were also three times Super Bowl winners (1982, 1987, 1991).
Today the Washington Redskins are owned by American businessman Daniel Snyder, who bought the NFL team in 1999 for $ 800 million - a worthwhile investment for Snyder.
9. New York Giants (market value: $ 3.3 billion)
Founded in 1925, the NFL's American football team plays in the East Division (NFC East) in the National Football Conference. Its main rivals are the Philadelphia Eagles, who also play in NFC East. After Tom Coughlin's resignation in 2015, the New York Giants had tough times and fell short of expectations.
The team generated approximately US $ 477 million in profit and signed several multi-million contracts with the players, e. B. Olivier Jordan ($ 85M), Janoris Jenkins ($ 62.5M), and Damon Harrison ($ 46.5M)
8. Los Angeles Lakers (market value: $ 3.3 billion)
The Los Angeles Lakers are also a basketball team from the American NBA. The Los Angeles Lakers were founded in 1946. The team's star is Kobe Bryant, who has played for the Lakers since 1996. The Lakers have won the championship a total of 16 times, making them the second best NBA team behind the Boston Celtics.
The Los Angeles Lakers are owned by the Jerry Buss Family Trust and by the American billionaire Philip Anschutz, who also owns the Eisbären Berlin and Hamburg Freezers.
7. New York Knicks (market value: US $ 3.6 billion)
The New York Knicks - also called New York Knickerbockers - are a team from the American professional basketball league NBA (National Basketball Association). The New York Knicks were founded in 1946.
In total, the New York basketball team won two championships (1970 and 1973) as well as eight conference titles and nine division titles. The New York Knicks are owned by the Madison Square Garden Company.
6. New England Patriots (market value: US $ 3.7 billion)
The New England Patriots (Pats) are a football team from the NFL (National Football League). The New England Patriots were founded in 1959 and have won the Super Bowl four times (2001, 2003, 2004, 2014). In the 1990s, several changes of ownership shaped the history of the Pats.
Today, the New England Patriots are owned by Robert Kraft, who bought the Pats for around US $ 300 million in the 1990s - the value of the Pats has increased by 460% since then.
5. New York Yankees (market value: $ 4 billion)
The New York Yankees are a major league baseball (MLB) team. The Yankees were originally founded in Baltimore in 1901. The New York Yankees have so far won 16 division titles, 40 American League titles and the World Series 27 times.
The MLB sports team is owned by the Steinbrenner family after George Steinbrenner bought the Yankees in 1973 for a bargain price of $ 8.7 million.
4.Manchester United (market value: US $ 4.1 billion)
Manchester United (ManU) is one of the most successful football clubs in Europe. ManU was founded in 1902 as Greater Manchester, which emerged from the football club Newton Heath. Manchester United is considered the most successful football club in England with 20 championship titles.
In addition, ManU won the Champions League three times (1968, 1999, 2008) - the premier league of European football. Manchester United is now owned by the Glazer family.
3. Real Madrid (market value: US $ 4.1 billion)
The Spanish soccer record champions Real Madrid are of course one of the most valuable soccer teams in the world. Real Madrid was officially founded in March 1902 as the Madrid Foot Ball Club.
Real won the Champions League 10 times and the UEFA Cup of National Champions twice, making it the most successful football club in Europe. Real Madrid is also the third most valuable sports team in the world.
2. FC Barcelona (market value: US $ 4.1 billion)
The Spanish football club FC Barcelona is also one of the most valuable football clubs of all. Barça, as the club is also known, was founded in 1899 and made the Spanish short passing game (tiki-taka) with high possession world famous.
The star of the team is Lionel Messi. The multiple world footballer has played for FC Barcelona since his youth. FC Barcelona belongs to its club members (over 155,000) who elect a new president every 4 years.
1.Dallas Cowboys (market value: $ 4.8 billion)
The Dallas Cowboys are also a football team from the US professional league NFL. The Texas-based sports team, founded in 1960, often goes by the nickname America’s Team and has won the Super Bowl five times so far.
The US businessman Jerry Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys in 1989 for a mere US $ 140 million - today the cowboys are worth around US $ 4.8 billion.
Brexit: Biden's victory puts Johnson in a mess Biden instead of Trump - that puts Johnson under pressure. The final Brexit negotiations are underway this week. Is the last minute deal coming? > read more
- How do male porn stars prevent premature ejaculation
- Who are Jordan's closest allies?
- What is a good nursing business
- What things make it difficult to follow dreams
- Why do parents punish us
- How paleontologists discover fossils
- How expensive is groceries in Seattle
- Can I buy Adobe Photoshop permanently?
- What is the name of an Indian diamond
- What is your goal after graduation
- Travel is a good stress buster
- How many Muslims are there in Turkey?
- Why are Jaegers demonized
- How does Islam relate to Arab nationalism?
- Why is Finland considered Nordic
- What is effective leadership 1
- How are Russian prisons
- What is the ethnicity of a Persian Jew
- Why were the American colonies founded?
- Can I Avoid Korean Military Service?
- How can computer technology become more sustainable
- What is an authoritarian democracy
- What causes implantation bleeding
- Why don't women like shy men?
- How to protect attachments in Gmail
- What are some good song title suggestions
- What's wrong with James Franco
- What was the most impractical medieval weapon
- How does suicide affect families?
- Why should someone choose structural engineering
- What is digital marketing and its importance
- Can leukoderma be cured in its early stages
- Can people feel energy
- Bongs are dishwasher safe