What are the best movies in Tollywood
Lexicon of film terms
Suitcase word from: 'Telugu' + 'Hollywood' based on the model of Bollywood
Telugu is a Dravidian language that is spoken by around 70 million people in the densely populated southern Indian state of Andrha Pradesh and neighboring states. Tollywood is the third center of the Indian film industry next to Bollywood and Kollywood. Located around the capital Hyderabad since 1921, Tollywood produces around 200 films a year for the cinema-loving and well-connected Telugu speakers. Special prizes for films in Telugu have been given to film artists and technicians by Filmfare Magazine since 1990 (Filmfare Awards South India, since 2007 there is the Filmfare Legend Award). Since 2003 there has been a Telugu film award from the weekly film magazine Santosham, and the state of Andhra Pradesh annually praises the Nandi Awards in numerous categories. The themes of the Telugu film are similar to those of the Hindi and Tamil films; The dominant factor is, of course, the dramatized realization that love makes life more beautiful and worth living. A Telugu superstar like the 'Andrha-James-Bond' Krishna Ghattamaneni (born 1943) has appeared in over 330 films. (LK)
Literature: Kumar, Shanti: Mapping Tollywood: the cultural geography of “Ramoji Film City” in Hyderabad. In: Quarterly Review of Film and Video 23,2, 2006, pp. 129-138. - Art. 'Tollywood'. In: Wikipedia; :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tollywood. - Art. 'Telugu Cinema'. In: Wikipedia; URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telugu_Cinema.
Article last changed on 05.02.2012
- Why can't 14-year-olds work
- How different are Iran and Indonesia
- Why is India better than the USA
- Nice thoughtful men are boring for women
- How to create an online store
- What is the definition of secular spirituality
- What is custom essay writing
- How prestigious is the Google PhD Scholarship
- Can Assad win the Syrian civil war?
- How did you get out of prison?
- Think IQ tests are accurate
- Where are the Trump MAGA hats made
- How can I copyright a brand name
- Have countries at the equator seasons
- Which sweets are actually sour
- What are the uses of tomato seeds
- Why are red diamonds so rare
- Are antibiotics good or bad
- How is the Japanese behavior towards immigrants
- How do I contact an inmate
- Australia becomes a communist country
- Why are teenagers so difficult
- How can Christianity and Islam coexist peacefully
- Which Indian state has the cheapest liquor
- How did Fred Trump raise Donald Trump
- Is it true that Europe is collapsing?
- What software does an aerospace engineer need
- Should I leave AIESEC to study?
- What bad luck for you
- Was Nikola Tesla ever married
- What is different between socialism capitalism fascism
- What triggered global warming
- Is a chicken farm in Africa profitable?
- 44 is still young