What should everyone know about women's bras
Tips & tricks when buying a bra
Not only men have a problem with bras, women struggle with their bras too. Where men desperate to uncheck a few ticks without uptight jokes and sweats, women fail in the locker room. The Hohenstein Research Institute found that every third woman wears a bra that is too small. Jolie.de can help! With our shopping tips, you'll never have to worry about piercing hangers and incisive straps again.
The bra is a wonderful piece of clothing: it gives small breasts a lush cleavage and voluminous chubby gives support and shape. There are bras for the femme fatale, the nice girl next door and the extreme athlete. There are cup bras, push-ups, triangle, balcony and strapless bras. The seamless bras (seamless is the English term for "seamless") are practical, these are models that are made without side seams and have very flat edges. The laundry therefore does not show. But how do you choose the perfectly fitting bra and how do you wear it correctly? Jolie.de tell you!
This is how you determine the right bra size
75 A or 80 B? And what does that mean anyway? The number from 70 to 100 in front of the letter stands for the underbust size and is measured in five-centimeter increments. So first measure the circumference under the chest. Up to 77 cm you have size 75, up to 82 size 80 and so on. For the cup size, the difference between the underbust circumference and the chest circumference is decisive and here it is measured in two-centimeter steps. Up to 14cm difference you have cup size A, up to 16cm B and so on. The best way to measure the chest circumference is not to take too deep a breath, but rather to breathe normally and stretch your arms forward.
What types of bra are there?
Clockwise starting at the top left:
1. Soft bra that is very comfortable (especially for smaller cups), 2. Balconette bra for a deeper neckline, best for B and C cups, 3. Half-cup bra that lifts the breasts, 4 Plunge bra with push effect, often one size larger here (bra from FREYA), 5. Seductive: the corsage bra with lifting effect, 6. a supportive underwire bra, 7. a comfortable soft bra from CALIDA, 8. another soft bra with lace from Agent Provocateur, 9. underwired bra that leaves little mark under jumpers and T-shirts and 10. push-up sports bra (all bras not otherwise named come from current Hunkemöller collection)
Find the perfect fit
Now you know your size, but what do you have to pay attention to when trying on? The straps under the cups must not poke and the band should not constrict. You should close the middle hooks to try them on. First of all, you can always make it tighter, and secondly, that gives you leeway. With a brand new bra, the straps are usually set too short. If the bra sits horizontally on the back at the level of the underband and does not cut the straps, they are wide enough.
The fact that the bra has to be worn on the back under the shoulder blades and that it is the actual bearer of the chest weight often does not seem to be clear to some wearers. The fastener often hangs between the shoulder blades or higher - of course, the bra then cannot provide proper support! The cups must encircle the breast, but not pinch it.
Choosing the right bra
There is also the right bra for every situation. If you want to seduce you with exciting lingerie, you should make a few sections in terms of comfort and wearing comfort and opt for sexy lingerie. Lace, satin, demi-cups - nothing to wear for sports!
If you want to conjure up a cleavage, choose one Push up. Close the hooks, pull the straps onto your shoulders and only then place your breasts in the cups: you have a luscious cleavage! When doing a push-up, you should always use a larger cup size.
For tight-fitting T-shirts or blouses, so-called Seamless bras preferably. These are made of soft microfibre with as few seams as possible, so there are no lace patterns or seams on the upper part.
Women with larger bust sizes should choose wide straps for proper support. If thin straps have to hold a lot of weight, they cut into the shoulders, and that gives ugly welts. Wide straps distribute the weight better and are therefore more comfortable to wear.
The perfect fit and comfort are particularly important for sports bras. After all, a sports bra has to withstand a lot! Tip: wear bras Y-shaped brackets prevent the straps from slipping off the shoulder.
How do you properly care for bras?
You can throw the Snoopy underwear and the sports bra in the washing machine. However, bras made of fine lace, silk or satin are better to be washed by hand. In the washing machine, they are too strained despite the laundry bags. The lace may dissolve or tear, the satin stiff, and the silk pale. A wool detergent is sufficient as detergent.
Sporty, sexy or casual: which underwear suits you best? Take the test now!
- Who shouldn't wear yellow sapphire
- What is the paysa coms business model
- Do American soldiers enjoy going to war?
- Will EV transport ever really work?
- What is something or someone that everyone knows
- What is your only need that anyone could meet
- What did you do for yourself
- How often do people shop for gifts online
- Very shy people can have jobs
- Can a stone change a person's fortune?
- You can dry clean something
- Why are people suggesting Prestige High Fields
- Which car is the most economical?
- What is the difference between CPM and CTR
- Where can I buy Juul pods internationally
- Which countries practice modern communism?
- How is James Rodriguez pronounced
- Is there life after a DUI
- Is Hong Kong friendly to British tourists
- What is the most accurate political compass
- How much are PhD students paid
- Where can I find a welding job
- Needs the military dentists
- Are Balenciaga shoes of good quality
- Why is California a liberal hellhole?
- How do I get into mega systems
- Why is Greece a developed country
- Do you like jewish people
- There are reputable online MBA programs available
- Why are Bengali sweets famous
- Who determines the worldwide software standard
- Why do immigrants leave California
- Transgender men have vaginas
- Which company has the worst customers