How does zinc help in sunscreen lotions
How much zinc oxide for which sun protection factor?
|Sun protection factor||zinc oxide|
|For SPF 2 to 5||5 %|
|For SPF 6 to 11||10 %|
|For SPF 12 to 19||15 %|
|For SPF 20 and higher||20 %|
The table as a PDF for printing can be found here under this link.
More than 20 percent zinc oxide should not be used, otherwise the cream will become more of a paste that is difficult to apply. If you need a higher SPF, it makes more sense to use a sunscreen from the health food trade, e .g. from Biosolis o.
* You can find inexpensive zinc oxide here under this link.
Homemade sunscreen - the ingredients
- Coconut oil With a natural SPF of 7, which at the same time protects the skin from bacteria, fungi and, to a certain extent, also from vermin such as ticks
- Shea butter with a natural SPF of 4
- Jojoba oil cares and nourishes the skin
- Essential oils give your sunscreen a good scent. The addition of essential oils can also slightly support sun protection. Eucalyptus oil provides an SPF of 2.5 and lavender oil an SPF of 5.5. But the added quantities of essential oils are of course very small, which is why the effect is not outstanding. However, when you consider that citrus essential oils - which should by no means be used in sunscreen lotions - increase the skin's sensitivity to light, it becomes clear that it's extremely important to use only the right essential oils in sunscreen lotions.
- Vitamin E oil nourishes the skin, gives it moisture and protects it from free radicals. At the same time, vitamin E acts as a natural preservative so that your homemade sunscreen does not spoil too quickly.
- Zinc oxide (non nano) is a UV filter that absorbs UVA and UVB radiation and keeps it away from the skin. "Non nano" means that the zinc oxide particles are larger than 100 nm and cannot get into the body through the skin pores, but remain on the outside of the skin and do their job there - sun protection.
Homemade natural sunscreen - the recipe
For your self-made sun cream you will need the following quantities as well as mouth and nose protection (dust mask made of paper) from the hardware store:
- 30 g coconut oil
- 24 g shea butter
- 3 g jojoba oil
- 3 g of vitamin E oil
- 30 drops of essential oils (100%), e.g. B. 15 drops of lavender oil and 15 drops of eucalyptus oil or just 10 drops of eucalyptus oil plus 5 drops of mint oil
- Zinc oxide powder depending on the desired SPF
Put coconut oil, shea butter and jojoba oil in the warm water bath. Gently heat the water until coconut oil and shea butter have melted and remove the oils from the water bath. Let the oils cool down a bit.
Put on the dust mask so as not to inhale the zinc oxide dust, measure the zinc oxide and add it to the oil mix together with the vitamin E oil and essential oils. Stir everything in well, pour your sunscreen lotion into a dark glass jar or a cream jar and store it in the refrigerator.
The sunscreen will last about 6 months if stored in a cool and dark place. If you take the sunscreen with you to the swimming pool or the beach, make sure it is stored in the dark and put it back in the refrigerator overnight.
Use the sunscreen just like any other sunscreen. Apply it several times a day, even more if you go into the water in between or if you have sweated a lot.
I wish you a happy summer and a great vacation
Your team from the center of health
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, e.g. to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Jabs B., Homemade Sunscreen Its naturally and it works, Diy natural, (Homemade sunscreen, natural and effective)
- Kaur CD, Saraf S, In vitro sun protection factor determination of herbal oils used in cosmetics, Pharmacognosy Research, January 2010
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Which is better Poland or Canada
- Is Cuba proof that socialism works?
- Where is the nicest beach in Florida
- What are the characteristics of the Tamils
- What are your memories of pen pals pen pals
- Can nonviolent protests be destructive?
- Do you dress to impress
- Antifa behaves like fascists
- Who are major employers in Ridgewood NJ
- What does 916 stamp on gold mean
- Recommend me the best chicken dish ever
- What did Lucifer think of humanity?
- The PPE is worth it
- What has Congress done for Muslims
- Where can I find camelgrass vetiver
- Why do people sit back in class?
- What is the significance of common laws
- What is the origin of British English
- Is really unhappy
- How does the future affect the past?
- How can managers make effective decisions
- How did Elsa get her strength
- What is the Greek word for strong?
- How can you earn daily