How is the emperor of Japan elected
Japan's new emperor ascends the throne
On May 1, Naruhito was promoted to Tenno after his father Akihito abdicated in an unusual step. Now, around six months later, a series of succession rituals followed, which are part of the enthronement. First the monarch sought out the holy shrines of his palace: "Kashikodokoro", "Koreiden" and "Shinden". At this religious ceremony, the monarch informed the deities that he would announce his reign that day.
In the afternoon (local time), the 59-year-old then performed the ceremony for his accession to the throne in the presence of around 2000 dignitaries from all over the world. Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and the English heir to the throne Prince Charles were also present at the 30-minute festive act called "Sokuirei Seiden no gi".
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe bows to the new emperor
"I sincerely hope that Japan will continue to develop and contribute to the friendship and peace of the international community," Naruhito announced from his 6.5-meter-high covered throne. In accordance with the constitution, he will fulfill his responsibility as a symbol of the state and the unity of the Japanese people.
But the succession to the throne is not yet officially concluded. An originally planned parade of the imperial couple in an open car through the capital Tokyo was postponed to November 10 a few days ago out of consideration for the victims of a typhoon catastrophe. And before the parade, there will be a final religious ceremony at which Naruhito thanks his sun goddess for the new rice and offers her rice and sake. After that, Naruhito is finally accepted into the ranks of emperors as number 126.
djo / se (afp, dpa, rtr)
- Sleep apnea is permanent
- Nice thoughtful men are boring for women
- What makes a person educated
- Companies care about customers
- How do I draw civil engineering drawings
- Why is Asia a continent 2
- What is the python interpreter
- What are your experiences with an astrologer
- Which means is to be free
- What about people who are crazy
- Who is ENTJ's worst enemy
- How does fashion affect a teenager?
- When should I use OCaml through Haskell?
- What is the best solvent for gun cleaning
- What are the operational challenges in healthcare
- Was Genghis Khan a Muslim
- Economic recessions affect the 401K retirement plan
- Why don't I care about people
- How does Cyber Monday work
- Was Gurmehar Kaur used politically
- Why do I always feel physically dirty
- Why is Canada irrelevant despite its size
- Why are transgender people murdered so often?
- What is an alternative site to bookzz org