Why are many Israeli Jews secular?
According to a survey, strictly Orthodox Jews in Israel have a strong dislike for the country's state institutions. 93 percent of those questioned said they had no confidence in the Supreme Court.
80 percent distrusted the Knesset parliament and the police, as reported by the Israeli media (Friday). In addition, this group also showed a rejection of basic principles such as the equality of non-Jews and women.
Around 71 percent do not believe that the Knesset has the authority to decide on the evacuation of settlements as part of a peace process, it was said. 94 percent are also not of the opinion that the Knesset can prohibit gender segregation in public places at events for the Haredi community, while 91 percent deny parliament the right to decide on the conscription of students of the Torah schools yeshiva to the military.
Reluctance to others
Accordingly, there is also a certain reluctance towards secular Jews. While 67 percent said they could accept a secular Jew as a close friend, 58 percent said living next to a secular family would bother them.
Around three quarters of those surveyed also said they generally disapprove of friendships with Arabs.
According to the survey, however, 70.5 percent of the ultra-Orthodox Haredi feel proud Israelis (77 percent of women and 64 percent of men). A growing "Israelization" can be seen especially among those ultra-orthodox who work with secular Jews. Among those, 46.5 percent would view Israel's Independence Day as a public holiday, compared to only 19.4 percent of people who only work with other ultra-Orthodox people.
For the study, 863 people were interviewed, among others by the academic director of the program for human rights and Judaism (IDI) at the Israel Democracy Institute, Yedidia Stern.
- What do ego and attitude mean
- Why was Hinduism created
- What is the advantage of Blackberry
- Why do people not value good people
- What is the specification of the dubai mall
- What are the symptoms of gum disease
- Why are digital cameras black
- Mauritius is a nation of immigrants
- Why is CTR not used much anymore
- How do perceptions influence individual behavior?
- Are military punishments tougher than in prison
- Is offshoring good for the US economy?
- Why does clown look very scary
- What celebrities have the most expensive house
- How many prisons are there in America?
- Jobs are easily available in Toronto
- Sikhs are Muslims
- How do I start a coconut business
- Are Chromebooks the future
- How difficult is it to make an animated film
- Why do popular TV shows end
- An LC is required for the export
- Who came before the Celts in Great Britain
- What are the examples of civic issues