Are degrees the same as certificates
What qualifications can I earn with distance learning?
Those interested in taking up distance learning often ask themselves which qualifications they can acquire through distance learning. Rightly so, because distance learning courses of the same name do not always lead to the same qualifications. In principle, the same academic degree is awarded for academic distance learning as for face-to-face studies. In addition, numerous distance learning courses lead to state-recognized degrees. Various providers are also happy to award internal certificates at the end of a distance learning course. Depending on what goal you are pursuing, you should therefore pay attention to which degree you need for your career before starting your studies.
In the case of academic distance learning, you will usually receive the same academic degree after successfully completing the course as with face-to-face studies. Depending on the subject, this is usually one of the following Bachelor or Master degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
In the case of non-academic distance learning courses, the individual providers usually award internal certificates at the end of the course. These show the participants which courses they have taken and what knowledge they have acquired. Distance learning courses with an in-house certificate are particularly suitable for people who want to acquire specialist knowledge and do not need a state or academic degree. An in-house degree can also be of interest to professionals who want to acquire additional qualifications. However, it must be ensured that the employer also recognizes this additional qualification.
IHK distance learning and state degrees
Numerous distance learning institutes also offer the IHK distance learning as well as other courses to prepare for state examinations and examinations before the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK). At the end of these courses, the participants also receive an institute-internal certificate. Afterwards, however, there is also an examination at a state examination institute or IHK. State and IHK degrees are particularly suitable for people who want to complete further training via distance learning. State and IHK degrees that you can acquire through distance learning are, for example:
How recognized are distance learning degrees?
Only universities in Germany are allowed to award academic degrees. It is irrelevant whether it is a distance or face-to-face university. Legally, academic and state degrees from distance learning are equivalent to those from face-to-face or face-to-face courses. Internal degrees are not officially recognized by the state, but they do certify important additional qualifications. Whether the institute's internal certificate is recognized by employers is a question that cannot be answered across the board. In principle, however, distance students are considered by HR managers to be particularly motivated and willing to perform.
- What are some examples of effective propaganda
- Can the British political system survive Brexit?
- How to become a diamond dealer
- Where is GLD gold stored
- How does silver cause a chemical change?
- Could we live without capitalism?
- May cause additional food sensitivities
- What is FEMA Zone A.
- Which societies value cultural diversity most?
- Are there still Aztecs
- Is Pep Guardiola overrated as a manager
- Why are art courses necessary
- Have you ever traveled the world alone
- Where can I order a custom mask
- What do you think of BAPE
- Why do bricks contain holes
- How did you develop your sense of fashion
- Can mix yoga accessories and fashion
- Includes Brexit Ireland
- Uber did well in London
- What is the fee for UG NX
- What are the best non-profit organizations
- What is a visa
- How much should a music manager earn