Why are emeralds so difficult to cut
The gem in the strong green
The name for this gemstone has its origins in Greek: "smaragdos" means "green stone".
The emerald is considered to be the finest stone in the beryl group.
The color “emerald green” is the most important evaluation criterion for this gemstone. The emerald gets its color from traces of chrome, vanadium and iron, which, through their respective concentrations, create an exceptionally beautiful color palette from pastel to deep green. Emeralds in a rich emerald green are usually more expensive than pale green stones.
Emeralds have a good hardness (which protects them from scratches) but are one of the more brittle gemstones. Setting these green gemstones is therefore one of the most demanding tasks.
The most important criterion for evaluating an emerald is its color. The stronger the emerald green, the more valuable the emerald is.
The purity of emeralds is not the most important factor. Emeralds with inclusions, but which have an emerald green color, are more valuable than flawless, pale green emeralds.
Carat indicates the size of a gemstone - 0.2 grams corresponds to 1 carat. Basically, the more carats, the more valuable. Emeralds, which have a more beautiful color, can be more expensive, although they have fewer carats.
The emerald is basically available in any type of cut. In order to particularly emphasize the bright colors, the so-called emerald cut - all four corners are blunted by facets - was developed.
The value of the unmistakable emerald green
With their special green color, emeralds are among the most valuable gemstones or gemstones in the world. The emerald is hardly inferior to rubies and diamonds in terms of value. Emeralds from Brazil are particularly high-priced, and due to their strong green, they sometimes achieve higher prices than comparable diamonds. Due to the inclusions and the uneven distribution of the color, emeralds are not among the clearest gemstones, but due to their rarity they are among the most sought-after. Cracks, cloudiness or color clouding is counteracted today in the jewelry processing industry with the help of synthetic resins and oils. This stabilizes the gemstones and allows the green to come out better. Most emeralds are so poor in quality that they are at most suitable for cabochon cut. Since 1935 emeralds can also be produced synthetically (the first synthetic stone was made in Germany), but the production is quite complicated and expensive and these imitations never come close to the original.
There is particularly high demand for the rare trapiche emeralds that occur exclusively in Colombia.
The largest emerald ever found weighs 16,300 carats and is now on display in the Topkapi Seraglio Museum in Istanbul. Another special example is the emerald “Mackay” from the Colombian mine Muzo.
The emerald is the birthstone for the month of May.
The emerald is the gemstone for the 20th and 35th wedding anniversary.
Occurrence of the emerald
Colombia, the Urals, Brazil and South Africa
The first emerald finds go back a long time in ancient Egypt. As early as the 13th century BC The gemstones were mined there. The Orient, Persians, Ottomans and Indians revered these gemstones until the first discoveries were made in South America (Colombia, Mexico and Chile). Colombia, the Urals, Brazil and South Africa are now the most important sites. However, emeralds are also found in Norway and Austria (Habach Valley).
Jewelry with emeralds
The emerald is considered a particularly valuable gemstone due to its rarity and is particularly popular thanks to its intense and unique colors. Are you interested in a piece of jewelry that contains an emerald? Whether ring, chain or arm jewelery - at RENÉSIM you get individual pieces of jewelery with your desired gemstone.
Emerald selection at RENÉSIM
At RENÉSIM you get a large selection of emeralds in a wide variety of cuts and carat numbers according to your wishes. Buy a loose gemstone or create a wonderful piece of jewelry with the selected emerald.
- What is the male equivalent of Chanel
- What are the best American pieces
- How do renowned universities get their reputation
- How to protect attachments in Gmail
- How many counties are there in Indiana
- What do the Vietnamese think of communism?
- Why is Luxembourg making public transport free of charge
- What is the penalty for physical assault
- How does snail taste
- You can pay cash for McDonalds
- Are the contactless cards really safe?
- How did you wander around the world
- How many counties are there in Indiana
- How good is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tactically
- How effective is Zithromax treatment for chlamydia
- China will swallow Pakistan
- How was Nehru different from Jinnah?
- What is the QuickBooks Error 2000
- Was the American Civil War constitutionally legal
- How do I find a phone number
- What is the responsibility of an executor
- What is a carrier connector
- What is guerrilla media
- Britain can peacefully claim Hong Kong
- Is Russia socialist communist or capitalist
- Have you ever been discriminated against?
- Can non-Sikhs marry in Gurudwara
- Can a boy wear saree
- What does Brazil think of nuclear energy?
- How wiser can a person get
- How are INTJs as teenagers
- Bitcoin How common are bitcoin scams
- What WWE Wrestler is the Best Actor
- What is the best treatment for piles