What is fluid space in architecture
Flowing space Everything from a single source
There is no threshold and no clearly defined boundary within the home. The flowing space allows visual relationships between rooms of different uses. Cappa & Stauber Architekten attached great importance to functionality, which is expressed in flexible, transformable, dynamic room structures.
The living space is the focal point, the switching point in which the residents meet. Because from here almost all other rooms have direct access through wide sliding doors. Depending on whether these doors are open or closed, the central communal area is enlarged or reduced. On the one hand, this makes communication easier, and on the other hand, there is still the possibility of retreat.
Architecturally, the flowing structures are implemented with a consistent spatial idea: floor, walls and ceiling are merged with one another. There are no right angles, but curves. To underline the continuity, all surfaces are made of the same material: synthetic resin. The smooth surface emphasizes the merging of the rooms all the more clearly. Mother-of-pearl-colored, parallel stripes serve as a decorative ornament, but not only: Luminous bodies run along them, both in the ceiling and in the wall. The lighting concept takes into account three types of lighting, a strip-shaped diffuse for flat light, a direct one in the form of directed spotlights that set special highlights and recessed floor lights that run along the window front and emphasize it.
The first visual attraction when entering the apartment is the aquarium, which separates the living room from the entrance. Analogous to the wall, ceiling and floor morphology, it develops out of the surfaces as a natural part of the environment. Built-in shelving and wine cabinet are additional elements that are consciously incorporated into the design concept as fixed built-in components and that have been individually developed and manufactured.
The kitchen's free-standing functional cupboard is also a design by the architects. It creates a visual separation of the cooking area from the dining area. Functionally, it is used to accommodate household appliances. The eye catcher is the spherical kitchen, in which the sink and stove are integrated. The Koch-UFO is a unit of two hemispheres, which when opened represents the essence of a kitchen and when closed it forms a glowing sculpture in the room.
In the retreat areas, such as the rooms and bathrooms, the materiality then changes, but what remains is the detailed, individually planned use of the space. The apartment as a whole appears as a homogeneous unit frozen in motion, creating a futuristic, but nonetheless not uncomfortable atmosphere. S.G.
- What is a career in SEM marketing like
- How often should solar panels be cleaned
- Stephen King reads the Bible
- How are martial arts viewed as arts
- How clear dreams are astral projections come true
- Who would win Sauron or Darth Sidious?
- What is the biggest NGO
- Is Buddhism a religion or a spirituality?
- Think that TWICE is overrated
- May women men who wear coats
- Should I believe in Sade Sati
- What should I know about my art
- Why do women wear really short shorts
- Should I start swimming 1
- Is there still casteism
- How do I find good scholarships
- How valuable are artificial diamonds
- Why are stock markets open?
- Is certification mandatory for Pega jobs
- Why don't people like Gryffindor
- Is Blackpink's music good
- The old Arabs were white
- How many teenagers use Meetup
- Why do people get strong in prison?