Does water react with the sulfuric acid
to directory mode
Sulfuric acid reactivity
In aqueous solution, sulfuric acid splits off protons in two stages (and).
H2SO4 is a very strong acid (= -3), HSO4- is a strong acid (= 1.9). Sulfuric acid is a dibasic acid. Their salts are called hydrogen sulfates (primary sulfates, acid sulfates, bisulfates) or sulfates (secondary sulfates, neutral sulfates).
Reaction with water
Concentrated sulfuric acid has a great affinity for water. The dehydrating effect of concentrated sulfuric acid is used to dry chemical substances and to remove water from chemical equilibria.
Sulfuric acid forms an azeotrope with water, which consists of 98% sulfuric acid and 2% water and boils at 338.
At temperatures above 300, sulfuric acid breaks down into anhydride and water.
If sulfuric acid is evaporated in this way, one speaks of "fuming off" the acid.
Dilute sulfuric acid reacts with base metals to produce hydrogen. This is an important method for producing hydrogen in the laboratory.
Concentrated sulfuric acid reacts with more noble metals (copper, mercury or silver) with reduction to sulfur dioxide.
Sulfuric acid and sulfates are detected as poorly soluble, finely crystalline barium sulfate by precipitation with barium chloride.
- Does life feel real to you?
- How would Portuguese Australia have looked
- How to jailbreak iOS 8 3
- What is the extrude command in AutoCAD
- How close is humanity to immortality
- How does public transport help the environment?
- Which car is the most economical?
- Who counts as white
- Are Australians considered to be Southeast Asian or Australian
- Which party is better ADMK or DMK
- Where can I get Hadoop live projects
- What is beautiful gold or platinum
- What do I need to travel
- What are your favorite Indonesian products
- What is the range of the longbow
- What is the name of this fruit
- What are the precious metals besides gold
- When did Jimin get the tattoo
- Who are some members of the patriarchate
- Australia is boring and calm
- How is the diamond market changing
- Is Ottawa safe to live with
- What is India's fashion law
- English is important for interviews