Can someone become bipolar
In order to be able to make a diagnosis of bipolar disorder, a psychiatrist usually has to interview the person concerned extensively and test various things. Ideally, he also speaks to relatives, because, especially in manic episodes, there is often a difference between self and external descriptions. That is why questionnaires and others Self-testshardly suitable for manic depression in order to adequately record symptoms of those affected.
If there is a suspicion of bipolar disorder, doctors must investigate further whether other illnesses are possibly causing the observed symptoms. The depressive episode can easily be mistaken for unipolar depression. If the first episode is depressive, a doctor cannot even know whether there will be manic episodes or hypomanic phases. It only helps to keep a close eye on the person affected.
But also the hypomanic or manic episodes in which those affected are exaggeratedly euphoric, for example, can lead to someone confusing bipolar disorder with borderline. Borderline sufferers are often impulsive, but their emotional state can change within hours compared to that of manic-depressive people.
Doctors not only have to differentiate bipolar disorder from other mental illnesses, but also, depending on the circumstances, from physical ones. These can include epilepsy, brain tumors, thyroid disease, HIV, drug or drug addiction, migraines, dementia or Parkinson's disease.
It is important for those affected that doctors recognize their illness as early as possible. The fewer manic episodes or depressive episodes that have already occurred at the time of diagnosis and the start of therapy, the greater the chances that further episodes will not occur.
Especially people who are currently in a manic episode, however, usually do not even see that they are currently having problems. You feel fine and refuse to see a doctor.
- What are great Secret Santa gift ideas
- Air tickets are cheaper around midnight
- What are the best courses in France
- What does a NASCAR car cost
- Is your wife the first in your life
- How do I schedule a cricket strike
- Why would a foreigner want Nigerian citizenship?
- Is obscenity protected by the first change
- Why do people hate Jasprit Bumrah
- Can wolves feel love
- ELI5 What is the killer app in Ethereum
- How should I start my own NGO?
- What is an undisputed champion in boxing
- What is considered high myopia
- How do I start a counter-essay
- What is the treatment of thyroid gland
- What is a varied school
- How bad does self harm hurt
- What is a desurt
- Which companies are similar to Stratfor
- Isn't it illegal to make money transfers?
- How are Australians treated abroad
- Is there a physiotherapy clinic in Byculla
- Why are universities dominated by left ideology