What is the treatment of thyroid gland
How is hyperthyroidism treated?
Abraham P, Avenell A, McGeoch SC, Clark LF, Bevan JS. Antithyroid drug regimen for treating Graves' hyperthyroidism. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; (1): CD003420.
De Leo S, Lee SY, Braverman LE. Hyperthyroidism. Lancet 2016; 388 (10047): 906-918.
German Society for General and Visceral Surgery (DGAV). Surgical therapy of benign thyroid diseases (S2k). AWMF registration number: 088-007. 03/10/2015.
German Society for Nuclear Medicine (DGN). Radioiodine therapy for benign thyroid diseases (version 5) - DGN recommendation for action (S1 guideline). 10.2015.
Jameson JL, Almond SJ, Weetmann AP. Disorders of the Thyroid Gland. In: D. L. Kaspers, S. L. Hauser, J. L. Jameson, Fauci AS, D. L. Longo, J. Loscalzo (Ed). Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. McGraw-Hill Education; 2015.
Liu ZW, Masterson L, Fish B, Jani P, Chatterjee K. Thyroid surgery for Graves 'disease and Graves' ophthalmopathy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015; (11): CD010576.
Ma C, Xie J, Wang H, Li J, Chen S. Radioiodine therapy versus antithyroid medications for Graves' disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016; (2): CD010094.
Metso S, Auvinen A, Huhtala H, Salmi J, Oksala H, Jaatinen P. Increased cancer incidence after radioiodine treatment for hyperthyroidism. Cancer 2007; 109 (10): 1972-1979.
Ross DS, Burch HB, Cooper DS, Greenlee MC, Laurberg P, Maia AL et al. 2016 American Thyroid Association Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management of Hyperthyroidism and Other Causes of Thyrotoxicosis. Thyroid 2016; 26 (10): 1343-1421.
US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). FDA Drug Safety Communication: New Boxed Warning on severe liver injury with propylthiouracil. 04/21/2010.
Walter MA, Briel M, Christ-Crain M, Bonnema SJ, Connell J, Cooper DS et al. Effects of antithyroid drugs on radioiodine treatment: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. BMJ 2007; 334 (7592): 514.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the discussion with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside of IQWiG. We describe in detail in our methods how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- Alcatraz is still an active prison
- How can I identify consumer problems
- Why are African American palms so light
- What are Chinese misunderstandings about Pakistan
- What kind of people watch NDTV
- What is custom essay writing
- How can I publish a paper
- What if Great Britain became fascist?
- Is orgone real
- How many governors have become senators
- What is the cure for autism
- Will US fossil fuel costs be subsidized?
- Offer startups 401Ks
- What are the Australian rules for football
- Has anyone ever experienced psychological intuition
- Which musician has the most children?
- What are the best online investments
- The human brain can store odor
- What is your sustainable competitive advantage
- Chinese like Indian films
- Why was General Lee accused of treason
- What is pallet shipping
- Is Brexit a revolt against capitalism
- Why do we need Visa and MasterCard