How does Stockholm Syndrome affect?
The Stockholm Syndrome describes a psychological effect in which victims of e.g. hostage-taking develop positive emotional feelings towards their kidnappers. The spectrum can range from simple sympathy to cooperation and, in extreme cases, to feeling love for the perpetrator.
The term comes from a hostage situation that took place in the Swedish capital Stockholm in August 1973. At that time there was a robbery on a bank in which four of the employees were taken hostage. In the next five days it was noticed - not least through media lighting - that the hostages were apparently more afraid of the police than of the hostage-takers. After the end of the hostage-taking, the victims continued to feel no hatred or thoughts of revenge towards the perpetrators - on the contrary: They felt great gratitude for having been released by the criminals. The sympathy went so far that the bank employees advocated a mild sentence and visited the perpetrators in prison.
- Distortion of perception as a result of the loneliness of being held hostage
- Hostages only see themselves as a random part of the situation
- Reluctance on the part of the police makes hostages feel left alone
- excessive perception of the perpetrators' actions; even the smallest concessions are seen as an act of great grace
- often the perpetrators behave relatively benevolently towards the hostages, as they represent a kind of protection for them
- Identification with the goals of the perpetrators as self-protection or compensation for the maximum loss of independence and control that a hostage-taking entails
- President Trump is guilty of criminal behavior
- At what age are Muslims circumcised?
- How are CDAC PG Diploma Placements
- How could it be fulfilled without children
- What's your only secret fashion tip
- What is Amazon's equivalent in Hong Kong
- What are the characteristics of the Tamils
- Girls like to wear toe rings
- What happened to Adobe Flash Catalyst
- Can we visit the port of Chennai
- Could you hate yourself
- How are Americans treated in Germany
- Where can I find personalized jewelry
- Amber is found outside the Baltic Sea
- Why tungsten wedding bands are sophisticated these days
- How does a man become female
- Which countries can I travel to without a visa?
- Which famous Bollywood fashion designers are gay
- How does a communal corporation come about
- How is Canada for international students
- Which city is the best in Abuja
- Why are narcissists so complex
- Where can I find oversized wholesalers
- Has an article ever changed your life?