What does maturity 1
What do the numbers and letters on the tire mean?
Have you ever taken a close look at your car tire? On the side wall there is a code consisting of numbers and letters, such as:185/65 R15 88 T. But what does this combination mean? You'll find the answer below, but first let's get closer to the theory.
The tire dimension in theory
Read from left to right the numbers or letters say the following about the tire:
- Nominal width of the tire in millimeters
- relationship from the flank height (shaft height) to the tread width in percent
- Is it aDiagonal- orRadial tires? (So the construction of the carcass)
- How tall is heRim diameter in inches?
- Which value (in kilograms) resultsLoad index?
- What is the maximum loud speedSpeed index (Speed category)?
- additional Designations
Buy winter tires online
Danger: When buying winter tires, it is essential to pay attention to the dimensions. If in doubt, please consult the vehicle description or ask a trusted workshop.
The tires listed here all come from last year's winter tire test, the results from 2019 will be published here at the end of September.
The top 5 in size 175/65 R14
- Rely on impressive braking performance on wet winter days
- Trust in reliable braking even on wintry roads
- Stay on track even in snow - especially when cornering
- Auto Zeitung Ausgabe (24/2020) tested the size 205/55 R 16. Quality rating for the WinterContact TS 860: "Very recommendable". Unreserved recommendation and the best ...
- Scope of delivery: 1x Continental WinterContact TS 860 - 175/65 R14 82T - D / B / 71 - winter tires (car) - tires without rim (please select the correct quantity before purchasing)
The top 4 in size 205/55 R16
The tire dimension in practice
So for example it can be due to the dimension185/65 R15 88 T the following can be determined:
- The tire width is185 mm
- The tire cross-section, i.e. the percentage ratio of the side height to the tire width, is65 %
- R. tells us that it is a radial tire
- The tire inner diameter is15 inch
- According to the load index88 the maximum permissible load per tire is 560 kg
- The code letterT The speed index means that a maximum speed of 190 km / h is permitted
Graphic: What does the code on the tire mean?
Some of the links listed here are so-called affiliate links. If you click on such an affiliate link and buy via this link, autorevue.at receives a commission from the online shop or provider concerned. For the user or. Buyer does not change the price!
- What do names mean
- Where do Indians come from
- What is the name of Laung Spice in English
- It offends Christ when he says Jesus Christ
- How widespread it is to beat beating children
- Why do people wear gold
- What's wrong with American journalism 1
- Where and why was denim created
- What does IA stand for according to LGBTQ
- Is Huawei a profitable company
- Chances of becoming a WWE Diva
- Seattle has income tax
- Are SkinKraft products good for the skin?
- What is the etymology of cron
- May Arab men like the Kazakhs
- How does Apple reward employees
- How do I find my routing number
- Object Oriented Programming What is a constructor
- How are Americans treated in Egypt
- Is Lean Change Management really effective
- Why do guys look hotter in hoodies?
- What is Stripes sales
- Is it worth working for postmates
- Brexit was completely unnecessary