What has Congress done for Muslims
First Muslim woman to enter the US Congress
Rashida Tlaib won the primaries against five other candidates from her party in Michigan's 13th congressional district. "Thank you for making this incredible moment possible," tweeted the lawyer and mother of two afterwards. "Words fail me, I can't wait to serve in Congress." She later wrote in the short message service: "The 13th district wanted a fighter and is getting one. I feel more than honored by the trust that working families place in me."
In November, the so-called midterms will take place in the USA. Then all 435 House seats and 35 of the 100 Senate seats will be reassigned. Tlaib has no Republican opponent in the vote in three months. This means that her seat in the House of Representatives is as good as certain.
The 42-year-old is the oldest of 14 children. She was born in Detroit. Her Palestinian parents emigrated to the United States from the West Bank. Her father worked for the car manufacturer Ford.
From 2009 to 2014, Rashida Tlaib sat for the Democrats in Michigan’s Parliament. Politically, she is close to the positions of Senator Bernie Sanders. Tlaib justified her candidacy with the increasing attacks on American Muslims and migrants during the tenure of US President Donald Trump. She is not running because she wants to make history as the first Muslim woman in Congress, but because of all the injustices that have now become normal, said Tlaib.
se / rb (ap, rtr, kna)
- Are men bad parents
- Which skin care products really work
- Can AutoCAD run on a MacBook Air
- Why are American universities so rich
- How do I become a black man?
- What screams I live in Hong Kong
- Why is Yuengling beer illegal in Michigan
- What do you think of RSS
- What did the old Dravidians look like?
- Can electron exist freely
- Why is communication important in a marriage
- Why are poppies used on Memorial Day
- Where can I find leather gloves
- Are Christians racist against Chinese and China
- How will blockchain affect the economy
- What are the benefits of BookKeeping services
- How is this free online accredited university
- How do you identify yourself as white
- Is Vietnam a democracy
- Are people on Medicare freeloaders
- How does a startup work
- Why do people wonder what if
- Which Dow components are traded on NASDAQ
- What is meant by PRC Telangana