Why is Islam different from Indian culture
3.1.2 Relationship to Hinduism and Islam
In contrast to the Hinduismwhere the worship of a multitude of gods (also represented in pictures) constitutes an essential element of religion, a Sikh should be no particular image of God because an overly accurate picture can cloud and blur the personal, subjective, inner experience of God. Also turns Guru Nanak against outward religious rituals and ceremonies, in the belief that they could stand in the way of true religious experience and distract from a true focus on God. Instead, one should turn outer rituals into one inner sphere of devotion transfer. Furthermore, he speaks out against all practices that are based on separation, distinction and duality, as they contradict the concept of God as the one, the timeless and formless.
The religion of the Sikhs rejects the Indian caste system in principle, nevertheless it is recognized again and again as a system of rules in certain questions of social life. So that is what it stands for Image of women by the Sikhs in great contradiction to that of the Hindus and Muslims: they condemn the widow burning that is widespread in India (sati) Sharp, but unfortunately there is still no realization of equal rights in the everyday life of the Sikhs, the Hindu model of the devoted wife seems to be very widespread.
For centuries, Muslims and Hindus have been hostile to each other in Punjab, it was Sikhism that propagated pacification and reconciliation between these two religious communities. To this day, Guru Nanak is considered a symbol of reconciliation between Hinduism and Islam.
Not only did he combine Hindu and Muslim elements of belief in the Sikhs' religion, he also advocated that God be named alternately by Muslim or Hindu names.
From this thought he also developed the so-called idea Langars, the open kitchens, in which people, regardless of religion or belief, can have a meal together in a neutral environment. These Langars are based from the beginning on the intention to create and support understanding and tolerance between the religions.
- What is nail polish
- Which means is to be free
- Why do I feel like a robot
- Carpentry is the best business
- Who was America's 3rd President
- What do Indonesians think of Brazil?
- Why can't I achieve my goals
- Why is the German language so complex
- How different is Germany from Austria
- What's important in Tagalog
- How do you change your philosophy of life
- What are most people doing on Facebook
- What does Narendra Modi eat
- Is it Safe to Visit North Korea
- What is Facebook's largest population group
- What does the Australian term Sheila mean
- Which delicacies do you think are overrated?
- Who are the Maori
- What do the Irish think of Romanians
- Should I marry for looks or for reason
- When will Neymar win the Ballon d'Or?
- What is life like in Jakarta now?
- How is Russia a superpower
- After America, Australia is in recession