Why is gas so expensive in Europe
Climate package: what does it mean for tenants and homeowners?
Electricity prices are reduced
In order to cushion the additional burden caused by the introduction of a CO2 price, the electricity prices are to be reduced. How much exactly depends on how high the revenues from CO2 pricing will be in the future and how these will then be redistributed.
The EEG surcharge will be capped for the years 2021 and 2022. This is one of the stimulus measures that the grand coalition decided in June 2020. In 2021 the EEG surcharge will be 6.5 cents per kilowatt hour, in 2022 it will be 6 cents per kilowatt hour. If electricity providers pass on the reduction in the surcharge 1: 1, the relief in 2021 for a household with 3,000 kilowatt hours of annual consumption will be around nine euros per year.
Without the cap on the EEG surcharge, this would have been 9.65 cents / kWh in 2021. If you take this into account, the cap prevented a cost increase of around 100 euros per year for a household with 3,000 kWh of electricity consumption.
Promotion of energetic renovation measures
The renovation of residential buildings is subsidized with different amounts of subsidies through subsidy programs and the possibility of tax depreciation. Finding the optimal product to be conveyed is not that easy. Current information on the funding programs can be found on our website. Or you can arrange an appointment for an energy consultation, this can be at your location, via video chat or by phone.
Building Energy Act (GEG) makes the use of oil heating more difficult
As a homeowner, you have to be prepared for the fact that from 2026 new oil heating systems only in a few exceptional cases may be installed - this is provided for by the new Building Energy Act (GEG). This law, which has been implementing changes in the construction and renovation of buildings as part of the climate package, has been in force since November 1, 2020.
While oil boilers no longer play a role in new buildings, those who still have oil heating in their building have to change the energy source - if the system should or has to be renewed and it is not one of the exceptions specified in the law. An already existing oil heating system may continue to be operated beyond 2026, but it must already meet certain efficiency requirements. The GEG describes the details.
Another new feature of the GEG is a change in the regulation of the energy certificate. In the future, a value of the CO2 emissions for heating the building must also be determined and stated in the ID. Although the law has already come into force, energy certificates for renting or selling a property must be issued by April 2021 according to the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV). Only then do you have to take into account the requirements of the GEG for new ID cards. Exception: This does not apply to new buildings, whose ID cards must already be issued in accordance with the GEG specifications.
- What are examples of socialist failures
- Disney Plus is currently missing in terms of content
- How accurate is the movie Top Gun
- What's your favorite brand
- Why does my handwriting change while I am writing?
- How fatal is communism for national unity
- How do you assess the economic reservation
- How do Parisians stay thin?
- How can I buy paper share certificates
- Is crypto a good long-term investment
- What to do in Jordan
- How do you connect PayPal and venmo
- Can China's Electric Cars Beat Tesla?
- How can companies best use artificial intelligence?
- What are the uses of compilers
- How do I make my website profitable
- Why should anyone choose Princeton over Harvard?
- Nationalism is growing in Great Britain
- How do I study abroad after BBA
- Why are INFP profiles borderline offensive
- What brings you immense joy
- What words rhyme with courage
- What is your curriculum
- What is approval-seeking behavior
- Which is better B com or BBA
- Can dogs be friends with cats?
- What is punishment
- Is there bad luck 1
- What distinguishes renowned universities from the rest
- What are the top GMAT target countries
- How many current senators were governors
- Have you ever participated in the swing
- Can a person be arrested without FIR
- Is Poland safe for visitors