How do I employ students
Regardless of the weekly working hours, as long as the student does not earn more than EUR 450 per month, the same rules apply to social security as to low-paid jobs, the so-called "mini jobs". This means that the employer pays the miners' social security contributions for the marginally paid employee: 15 percent of the wages for pension insurance and 13 percent for health insurance.
A student employed by you earns more than 450 EUR per month? This can either be the case if his remuneration for the activity in your company is above this limit, or if he still has a second mini job and both remuneration together amount to more than EUR 450. As an employer, you are therefore obliged to obtain proof of any further employment relationships of the students you employ.
If the total remuneration is above EUR 450, other social security regulations apply. Like a regular employee, a student is then subject to pension insurance. However, no contributions from employment have to be paid for health, long-term care and unemployment insurance. The prerequisite for this, however, is that the student is actually considered to be "studying properly". This means that, in addition to his job, he still has enough time to pursue his studies. The following assessment principle applies: During the semester, the weekly working time must not exceed 20 hours. This limit may only be exceeded provided that the employment is limited to a maximum of 26 weeks and is mainly carried out on the weekends or in the evening and night hours. This limitation on weekly working hours does not apply during the semester break. Then the student can also work 30 or 40 hours per week, for example, but these times must also be counted towards the 26-week period.
If several jobs are carried out next to each other or an employment is carried out in addition to a self-employed job, the weekly working hours must be added up to check the question of whether the 20-week limit is reached or exceeded.
If these requirements are not met, the student is considered a regular employee and is also fully insured in health, long-term care and unemployment insurance.
- Why is it bad to be flat
- How can I speak English quickly
- Do you like homemade food or microwave
- What percentage of travelers are backpackers?
- Makes people believe someone is gay
- How do I calculate the expected salary
- There is nothing sacred when everything is there
- What is topic analysis
- Why shouldn't I just die?
- What is carnival
- What is the best free AutoCAD viewer
- What's your most memorable black privilege moment
- What is socialism, capitalism and communism
- Why are Xiaomi phones bad
- How is a crime committed
- How did societies become predominantly patriarchal?
- In which solutions do you use small talk?
- Is life meaningful or meaningless
- Can I apply for a passport again?
- Will sterling silver jewelry ever rust
- Computer programming is the best job
- What is necessary to understand crossdressing
- Think twice about posting something online
- What is the most trusted newspaper
- Why is globalism or nationalism better
- Why are human rights a global problem
- How do we feel eye contact
- Which two types of MBTI are most compatible
- British use miles
- Why am I attracted to manipulative women
- Is lapis lazuli the same as sapphire
- Can we take alcohol with us in the flight
- How do I date a vegan
- Is equality a human right