What does a hypnotherapist do
Hypnosis and its effects
Hypnosis and hypnotherapy are scientifically recognized and proven psychotherapeutic methods
21.12.2017 by H.G. Reinkenhoff at www.psychothek.de
Hypnosis and hypnotherapy are scientifically recognized psychotherapeutic methods that have been tried and tested for many years and are successfully used in various areas of psychotherapy, medicine and dentistry in children, adolescents and adults.
The methods are based on the resources of each person; these are skills, knowledge, experience, talents, inclinations and strengths that are often not even aware of.
In hypnosis, specific formulations by the hypnotherapist lead the person into an altered state of consciousness, the hypnotic trance. It has been proven that, with very few exceptions, the vast majority of people are able to enter a trance state through hypnosis. The prerequisites for this are certain abilities to concentrate, to activate a pictorial image and to engage in a trusting relationship with the treating hypnotherapist. In the trance, people keep control over themselves and can interrupt or end the hypnotic process at any time if they want.
Many patients compare the experience of a trance with the pleasant state shortly before falling asleep, when one thinks in pictures and the body comes to rest.
During a trance, there are typical mental and physiological changes (such as muscle relaxation and blood pressure regulation). Mentally, the patient experiences intense serenity, balance, courage to face life, strength, security or calmness in a trance. Critical-rational thinking takes a back seat, while visual information processing sets in and ideas are activated on all sensory channels. The attention is directed to the inner experience, while the perception of the outside world tends to take a back seat.
Through all these phenomena, it is possible to activate access to important personal resources such as skills, strengths, sources of strength and also unconscious body knowledge through beneficial ideas. This enables the person to mobilize the body's own self-regulatory abilities and powers, to positively influence the experience of pain, mood and well-being, to train coping strategies and to prepare mentally for challenging situations. In a trance, access to past experiences and their hypnotherapeutic processing can be opened up. Unconscious processes can also be stimulated and used to enable further progress in treatment and to identify creative solutions.
As a rule, after the hypnosis, one can remember the experience during the trance.
In which areas is hypnosis used in psychotherapy and medicine?
As a large number of scientific studies and clinical experience show, psychological problems can be effectively treated with hypnotherapy. The areas of application include fears, depression, the consequences of traumatic experiences, addictive behavior, psychosomatic disorders, chronic pain, etc.
In the medical field, hypnosis is successfully used for cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal diseases and skin diseases. In cancer treatment, hypnosis can reduce pain, anxiety or side effects of chemotherapy. Other medical fields of application are obstetrics and first aid.
Hypnosis is an effective treatment and, as such, it only belongs in the hands of qualified and responsible therapists!
A trustworthy therapist should have a certificate from a reputable hypnosis society, which guarantees that the therapist has completed solid hypnosis training at the institute concerned.
- What are some exciting facts about AMUL
- What is an HVAC Certification
- What do prisons do against nut allergies
- How can importers use AliExpress shipping?
- What is more important than pleasure
- Do you enjoy living in Canada?
- Is Cebu in the Philippines safe
- There will always be dictatorships
- Why is it important to have parents?
- Riddles asked in an interview
- What's never too late to start
- The highest level of Taekwondo
- RMIT is a good college for networking
- Why are electrons smaller than atoms
- What's your rating of Honeywell
- UK is still paying reparations to India
- What qualities should a fashion designer develop
- What are some lovely pictures of surat
- What causes white mold in the crawl space
- Are there Mexicans who live in the Philippines
- Works nigerian money to make juju
- Who has the best profile picture
- Why do cashmere people have big noses?
- How can I hack internet cafes
- How do ordinary people become great personalities
- What are some examples of manufacturer brands
- Why is 1980s fashion so popular
- How did Apple create its brand image
- What size is an 89x75 quilt
- What is the land mass of Asia
- What are the best pumpkin spice products
- How do I make a fried cauliflower
- Are penetration testers in demand in 2020
- You can merge two conversations in Gmail