What are the cons of using Angular
Advantages and disadvantages of AngularJS
Advantages and disadvantages of AngularJS
What is this framework?
The framework was founded by Misko Hevery in 2009. The initial idea was to help web designers incorporate a little more HTML into their code so that even small static pages can serve more functionalities. For example, a small pizza shop website that can insert a pizza ordering system using simple HTML tags.
Misko then switched to Google as an employer, where he continued to work on AngularJS in his free time. At this point, however, the idea was to use this framework for larger sites as well. Over time, Google also won over the idea and then built up an Angular team.
In short: The framework turns web browsers into web applications.
- MVC: MVC stands for Model Viewer Controller and is an approach to separate the programming logic (backend) and the design logic (frontend) from each other. This makes it easier to program in the backend without necessarily changing the design of the application.
Angular follows this MVC approach.
Usually, in the MVC approach, you have to split the application into the various components (model / viewer / controller) and then write code to put them together again. That’s a lot of work. In Angular you can at least save part of the assembly, as the framework already does this automatically.
- Single page application: Single page applications can be written with the framework. The page is only loaded once and further components are loaded into the same page as soon as this is called up by the user. This gives the web application the “look and feel” of a desktop application.
- The framework is trending: Google Trends helps to compare different terms in terms of their popularity. If you put Angular, KnockoutJS, EmberJS and reactJS in a direct comparison on Google Trends, you can see the enormous difference in popularity. Starting in 2013 in particular, the curve goes steeply upwards.
- Easier testing possible: You can use the framework from the beginning to carry out simple testing. You can do so-called unit testing or end-to-end testing. A few developers as well as a large team can be involved.
- Strongly in connection with Ruby on Rails or ASP.NET: Ruby on Rails or ASP.NET Framework with the C # programming language in the backend and Angular in the frontend complement each other well.
- Not supported in old browsers: Especially the new version AngularJS 2.0 will no longer support older browser versions. This is a challenge, especially because many large companies still use old versions of browsers.
- There are alternative frameworks for smaller projects: Not all websites require robust frameworks like Angular. In many cases, simpler, lighter weight frameworks like Backbone.js will do.
- It's big and complicated: The framework should be used by professionals rather than beginners (or at least it takes some time to get used to it). In addition, different programmers have different approaches to implement a certain component. This ultimately makes it more difficult to combine different components from different developers into a complete solution.
- Bad scalability: If the project gets bigger over time, then in many cases it becomes necessary to create the programming on the basis of the new requirement, since the earlier approach will most likely not be sufficient for the new requirements.
- Many problems are only solved with Angular 2.0: Many of the disadvantages will only be resolved with the new version of this interesting framework.
Many ASP.NET projects are currently using this framework to write single page applications.
Many apps and websites are built based on Angular. Here some examples:
- The YouTube app on Play Station 3 is based on this technology.
- VEVO, a music streaming service with more than 10 billion ads per month, runs with the technology in the front end.
- Other examples are iStock Photo and PayPal.
What is your experience? Where and when can this technology be best used?
An experience report
A developer on AngularJS
Images: Flickr.com/ HasGeek / Google Trends
Thattil Nadakalan Complex
(Opp. Church) Kuriachira
Thrissur, Kerala - 680006, India
Phone: +91 9846861166
Email: [email protected]
- A linguistics degree comes in handy these days
- Can I take Ritalin and Concert together?
- Why don't conservatives do it better politically
- Is there an Ayurvedic treatment for the thyroid gland
- What distinguishes sustainable tourism?
- What is a custom jewelry in Sydney
- Who printed first newspaper in India
- How does the cash on delivery service work?
- Can a tolerant society tolerate intolerant people
- What is the intrinsic value of gold
- Where did your business studies lead you?
- INFJs can sometimes be superficial
- What is a center right christian
- When should you officially choose a career?
- How is it that people are boring
- Which countries are closest to Australia
- May Sri Lanka buy India one day
- Can a repair shop keep a vehicle
- You can lease a business
- What percentage of US households own cats
- Why is my chocolate melting
- Why does Markovnikov's rule work
- What prison laws would surprise people?
- What sets the NBA apart from the WNBA
- Why is Hong Kong fighting with China
- Are Commonwealth Realms sovereign countries
- How much do tennis coaches earn
- Are there Mexicans who live in the Philippines
- What is an INFP fighting with
- What is Ring Main
- How does politics affect fashion?
- Adultery is illegal in China
- How important are the arts
- Why is INFJ the rarest personality type