Help me choose a doctor
Search for a doctor in all specialist areas
In most cases, your family doctor, pediatrician or dentist will be the right first point of contact. If you already have a referral or know exactly which specialist you are looking for, you can of course also find psychotherapists, dentists and doctors from all specialist areas in the health navigator. The most frequently searched specialist groups can be found here:
Frequent specialist areas
Private doctors and self-pay services
The doctor search also shows doctors who only Private patients or treat self-payers who work exclusively on the basis of reimbursement. Reimbursement means that you first have to pay the invoice yourself. Also so-called private medical services (also called “individual health services” or IGeL) that you have to pay in full or in part yourself are displayed. You will be informed with the symbol "i" if there are any special features in the assumption of costs.
Special care offers from the AOK
The AOK offers its insured persons special medical care offers. These offers are marked as "AOK offers". The structured treatment programs “AOK Curaplan” are offered especially for chronically ill patients.
Patient admission, appointments and waiting times
In order to save you unsuccessful phone calls to make an appointment, we asked the doctors in advance whether they would accept new patients and how long the approximate waiting time for an appointment would be. Corresponding information can be found - provided the doctors have given us feedback - in the detailed profiles of the doctors.
Reviews by patients
Often we are after the Reviews of doctors asked by other patients. Since the effort for a fair, tamper-proof and meaningful doctor evaluation is very high, we currently do not offer any evaluations by doctors.
Commitment to quality of care
The AOK advocates a high medical standard Quality of care a. Together with several doctor networks, she has therefore started an initiative to support committed doctors in reflecting on their work and thereby improving patient care. For this purpose, the doctors are provided with evaluations of anonymized health insurance data on their patients and compared with the recommendations of the medical associations. For example, patients should not take too many drugs at the same time, as this increases the risk of interactions. The AOK analyzes the billing data of the pharmacies and reports back to the participating doctors how many of their patients are taking more than seven drugs at the same time. Doctors who take part in this project can be recognized by the so-called "QuATRo award". The abbreviation QuATRo stands for "Quality in doctor networks - transparency with routine data".
Outpatient specialist medical care
There is a special offer for patients suffering from a serious or rare disease: the outpatient specialist medical care (ASV). Treatment is carried out by interdisciplinary teams of doctors in practices and clinics. Contract doctors and hospital doctors jointly take on highly specialized outpatient care - and all under the same general conditions. The ASV encompasses the diagnosis and treatment of complex diseases that are difficult to treat. These include:
- severe forms of diseases with particular disease courses, for example oncological diseases, rheumatism and heart failure
- rare diseases and disease states with correspondingly low case numbers, for example tuberculosis, Marfan's syndrome, cystic fibrosis
- highly specialized services, for example CT / MRT-supported interventional pain therapy services.
Information on ASV participation can be found in the doctors' detailed profiles.
How to find the right in-service doctor
Accidents at work, commuting accidents and accidents on the way to school and many other accidents fall within the scope of the statutory accident insurance. The accident insurance company names so-called "transit doctors" who must have special accident medical qualifications and practice equipment. The in-service doctor has the task of determining the further course of therapy after the diagnosis has been made. He decides which other specialists need to be involved or whether he treats the patient himself. In the event of an accident (cf. § 2 SGB VII and § 8 Abs. 2 SGB VII) you first visit another doctor, he will take care of you, but then refer you to a transit doctor.
D-doctors are looking for
- What do people live for
- Why is Corbyn a bad leader
- What are some lesser known YouTube tips
- God does not prevent children from being raped
- What is strategic minimalism
- What are the health benefits of turmeric
- Everyone is able to love
- How does the EU work
- Anakin Skywalker had a padawan
- What are the best animation companies in Chennai
- What is meant by Pinoy Ka Ba
- Any nation can change its flag color
- What are fashion schools looking for
- Is Modric better than Andres Iniesta
- Why didn't Interstellar win more Oscars
- Which social media platform is more appealing
- Why did Peter Gabriel leave Genesis
- Is the US Constitution legal
- What is your idea of the perfect woman
- How did you get a black eye
- Why don't conservatives believe they are anti-Semitic?
- Where can you buy black raw denim
- What is the national bird of England
- What do you dislike most about Italy?
- Why do Hindu terrorists lynch innocent Muslims
- Why not make merit reservations in India
- How do I know my IMSI number?
- What brand is this earring
- Do Hong Kongers identify themselves as Chinese
- How electronics rot the human brain
- How are INTJs seen by others
- How do I generate fashion design ideas
- Wealth brings more problems than luck
- Is the telecommunications industry sustainable