What is the difference between UK Europe
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
- Official name:
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- British pound
- English, Welsh, Irish, Cornish
- 66.5 million
- National holiday:
- Second Saturday in June, the Queen's birthday
Great Britain is located in the north-west of Europe in the Atlantic and is the largest island nation on our continent. The "United Kingdom" is made up of four parts: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. England, Scotland and Wales together form Great Britain. Great Britain and Northern Ireland together form the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland", in English one says "United Kingdom" (UK). When we speak of “England” or “Great Britain” today, we usually mean this “United Kingdom”, whose government is in London and whose head of state is the Queen.
Former member of the European Union (EU)
The "United Kingdom" has been a member of the EU since the European Union (EU) was founded in 1993. Twenty years earlier it had already been accepted into the European Community. The British did not want to introduce European money, the euro. They preferred to stick with the British pound. In 2016, a narrow majority of the British voted in a referendum for “Brexit”, the country's exit from the EU. There has never been anything like it before. On January 31, 2020, the UK left the EU after long negotiations on the new cooperation.
The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy. The "Queen", Queen Elizabeth II, is the official head of state. As Queen, she is allowed to represent the "United Kingdom" at special festivals and other important occasions. England is a constitutional monarchy. How the country is governed is not decided by the Queen, but by Parliament. Only when it comes to laws does the Queen have a say: every law passed by the politicians in parliament only applies when it receives "royal approval". Your Queen is very important to the people of the "United Kingdom". English newspapers report almost every day what is going on with the Queen and her family. At Buckingham Palace, the royal palace in London, there are always many tourists trying to catch a glimpse of the Queen through the black iron bars.
School uniforms for all children
In the “United Kingdom” all children wear school uniforms when they go to school. That is, the children wear uniform clothes with the same colors. But girls are also allowed to wear skirts.
Very British - very British
In the United Kingdom, a few things are different than in many other European countries: you pay in pounds, popcorn tastes salty, toast is best eaten cold and there is “left-hand traffic”: drivers sit on the right-hand side of the car and drive up the left side of the street. That can be dangerous for tourists from Germany! You should also try the unofficial national dish "Fish and Chips". Please don't be surprised if the fried fish and potato slices are wrapped in newspaper. This is also common in Great Britain.
Beautiful Northern Ireland
In Northern Ireland in the north of the Irish island there are, in addition to the beautiful and wild nature, many remains of a very old cultural landscape to be seen: Celtic graves, round towers and monastery ruins, but also well-tended country houses and castles.
- Should I stop using face washes?
- What is the purpose of the Commonwealth
- What's the point of baby talk
- Which MBTI types are similar
- Why is reinforcement in concrete intended?
- How does propaganda work
- Have you ever participated in the swing
- How common are word games in sign language
- How to melt fudge
- Which countries do most Buddhists have
- Are Altersdoerfer happy living communities
- What is "personal guidance" for you
- What are the disadvantages of self-sacrifice
- Why are ADHD children prescribed methylphenidate
- What best describes a person with NPD
- How bad has your luck fooled you
- Why didn't Shudras like the Varna system?
- What is a V-belt 1
- Why is the Dominican Republic so poor
- How do I remove sunscreen from the skin
- What are the main objectives of NGOs
- What do Hawaiians think of the mainlanders
- What's the best Swedish dish
- Why are leftists so oicophobic?
- Enlightened people ever suffer
- What is the cheapest gold price now
- Why do people want to be socialists?
- What is grunge style
- How is the internet connected
- What is an alternative to cashless payment?
- Which RO membrane is the best
- What are the disadvantages of sustainable development
- How can I apologize to a girl
- How do you keep warm in winter?