We live in God
Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ at Easter. That is why Christians believe in eternal life even when there is no evidence. But what exactly is it all about?
Of course there is no proof of the existence of eternal life, but in Christianity belief in God cannot be thought of without the possibility of eternal life. Already at the beginning of Christianity there is the experience of the loving God, who is close to man, who loves unconditionally and whose love knows no end.
This is one reason for believing in eternal life, as the theologian Andreas Bell explains: "If God guarantees that he never withdraws his love, then it cannot end with the death of man. So that God really loves man forever, it can A person's existence for God does not cease with death. "
Eternal life - just a theory?
So far so good - but isn't that just theory?
The decisive reason that speaks for eternal life is ultimately Jesus Christ himself in Christianity. If he is the Messiah sent by God, then his message must come from God himself. And Jesus speaks again and again about eternal life. It is central to his message that man should live in the expectation of eternal life:
"The clearest statement of Jesus on the subject is his own death on the cross," says Andreas Bell, "because he lives from the certainty that even medical death can never tear people out of the life that people have with God. That means Jesus lived and died trusting eternal life. "
"Today you will be with me in paradise"
On the cross, the dying Jesus said to his fellow crucified: "You will still be with me in paradise today" (Luke 23:43), the dying Jesus said on the cross to his fellow crucified. And here he already gives an insight into the quality of eternal life. But what could paradise look like?
The few statements that the New Testament makes are limited to statements such as that all tears are wiped from the eyes (Revelation 21: 4). Or: "We are still looking through a mirror, but then we look face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12).
From this the Church has derived the teaching that man comes to the view of God after his death. Andreas Bell sums it up like this: "What we believe now, we will then see."
And that is why the Church defines eternal life as a life in communion with God. Just like Jesus himself. He rose from death. The experience of the encounter with the risen Jesus leads the apostle Paul in his letter to the Corinthians to the conviction: "God has raised the Lord. He will also raise us through his power." (1 Corinthians 6:14)
God's love for man does not end, not even with death
But what of the human being is supposed to live forever, since the body crumbles in death. Is it the soul that no scientist has really proven, but that the Bible already speaks of? There the Greek word is used for soul psyche uses and means the life principle of the human being, what defines him as a person inside.
Bell advocates that there must be such a thing because, "if we say that God's love does not cease after death, then there must be something like an identity. Someone whom God then loves too." He sees the soul as the image that man cannot be lost in eternity.
Regardless of how one might imagine eternal life and the role of body and soul in it, the most important thing for the theologian Andreas Bell is "that we can rely on seeing the security of God's love with our own eyes after death and we have an eternity - even if there is no more time - to be happy about it from the bottom of our hearts. "
- How do ordinary people become great personalities
- What is Sheng Fui
- Digital marketing is paying off well in India
- How do you say as fast as possible in Tagalog
- Is the python language safe
- Why is food so salty in Japan
- What is a white supremacist 1
- Can I wash iron vessels in the dishwasher?
- Why are people afraid of injections
- What makes Canada different from other countries
- Why do boxers do so much cardio
- Does my dog know that I'm gay
- How present is religion in Cuba
- How do I grill chicken
- Is wrong generation good or bad
- Is cucumber good for high blood pressure
- What's wrong with this Java code 1
- Was Hitler against the Jewish people
- When was the last shopping mall built
- Why did China cede Macau to Portugal?
- What is a database entity
- How difficult is the lawyer course
- Is education enough for a successful life
- May cause additional food sensitivities
- What Naruto characters are sociopaths
- Why is Tinder not giving out compliance notifications
- Why are there immigration laws
- What's your great badminton moment
- Is it too late to start over?
- How good is it to be different?
- Which are current geopolitical conflict zones
- Is the ASPCA a good charity
- Japan requires a visa