How exclusive are high-end clothing brands
RankingThese are the most valuable luxury brands in the world
The market for luxury goods has its own set of rules. What works here that would be unthinkable elsewhere. The fashion house Chanel, for example, increases the prices of its coveted handbags every year, by more than a hundred euros.
Online shopping? That seems a horror to the Parisians. The customers are apparently (still) doing this without complaint. Because it's not just fast fashion like H&M and Zara that is booming. The handcrafted products from traditional studios and factories are now also attracting a mass audience. The rivalries are limited or limited numbers of precious products. Difficult access only contributes to exclusivity.
The brand analysts at Interbrand published their list of the most valuable brands of the year for the 19th time last year. The top places in the Top 100 went to Apple, Google and Amazon.
The “Best Global Brands” ranking is based on the companies' economic performance. The experts also examine how strongly the brand influences purchasing decisions or how loyal customers are to a company.
Luxury was recognized as the largest growth sector in the Interbrand ranking, ahead of retail. There are nine luxury brands among the world's top 100 companies. We introduce you.
# 9 Prada
Prada ranks 95th in the “Best Global Brands” ranking. That's enough for ninth place on the luxury list. The value of the Italian fashion brand rose by two percent to $ 4.8 billion in 2018, according to Interbrand.
# 8 Burberry
Brexit or Meghan Markle: The British image is currently exposed to a rollercoaster of emotions. For the long-established London company Burberry, the brand index fell three percent. With a brand value of almost 5 billion dollars, however, it was enough for eighth place among the best luxury brands in the world.
# 7 Dior
Dior experienced a renaissance in 2018. The Parisian haute couture house set trends, revived classics and advertised with social media stars like Bella Hadid. It paid off. Dior's brand value rose 14 percent to $ 5.2 billion.
# 6 Tiffany & Co.
Anyone who has ever visited the headquarters on Fifth Avenue knows: Tiffany & Co. is a cult for visitors from all over the world. A strong brand image between “Breakfast at Tiffany's” and the unmistakable packaging ensure that the jewelry group is sixth in Interbrand's luxury ranking. Tiffany & Co. was ranked 83rd among all brands with a brand value of $ 5.6 billion (up five percent).
# 5 Cartier
With Cartier, another traditional jewelery company made it onto the list of the most valuable luxury brands. Brand value rose 1 percent to $ 7.6 billion.
# 4 Gucci
Gucci has always been loud. In 2018, however, the Italian fashion house was unmistakable. Creative director Alessandro Michele shamelessly relied on the GG logo trend. He won both rappers and Instagram influencers. Another reward: a 30 percent higher market value than in 2017. Interbrand put it at 12.9 billion dollars.
# 3 Hermès
Whether Kelly or Birkin: Hermès handbags are probably the most sought-after bags in the world. Not only are they outrageously expensive, but they're almost impossible to get hold of. Anyone who comes into question for a model can consider themselves lucky - there is usually no question of choosing a color or material. All of this only fueled the Hermès myth. Brand value rose 15 percent to $ 16.4 billion.
- What is the difference between Dailogue and Konversation
- Why is it so taboo to be an ABDL?
- When did the FDR complete its first term of office?
- What are the cheapest Seikos sub-brands
- What was the ethnicity of the Mughals
- How is Zen Buddhism different from others?
- Women over 40 are invisible
- Why is Amazon shipping so fast?
- Killed Instagram Path
- Can a vegetarian tourist survive in Dubai
- What makes a person educated
- How does a man become female
- Where are the real American patriots
- What's the worst prison in California
- What is the past of the BTS members
- Why did the Iran-Iraq war end
- Can feces be tested for DNA
- Includes Brexit Ireland
- Is 4chan right wing or left wing
- Am I entitled to study abroad?
- Why are some Americans generally superficial
- Who is Ambedkar
- How did you rate Obama's victory speech?
- How are WWE wrestlers personal
- Who inspired you to write poetry?
- Is death an answer to suffering?
- What is research writing
- What do the Vietnamese think of communism?
- What are good side business ideas
- Who is the richest man in Chennai
- What are some examples of political institutions
- How does Germany benefit from taking in refugees?
- Kurt Cobain was murdered
- How do you say villain in Tagalog