Is Huawei a profitable company
The top 10 most profitable companies in the world
In the past few years, primarily raw materials and oil companies were among the top most profitable companies. In the meantime the tide has turned. More and more high-tech corporations such as Apple and Samsung are also earning splendidly and increasing the wealth of their shareholders.
Above all, Apple has managed like no other company in recent years to take advantage of technical progress and to conquer consumers with innovations. The reward: Today Apple is not only the most valuable company, but also the most profitable. These are the top 10 most profitable companies in the world in the 2017/2018 reporting season (source: Forbes Global 2000).
10. J.P. Morgan Chase (profit: $ 26.5 billion)
New York-based J.P. Morgan Chase is one of the largest banks in the world with a market value of over $ 387.7 billion. The New Yorker Bank not only offers loans to consumers and business customers, but is also involved in asset management. Most recently, JP Morgan Chase boss Jamie Dimon caused a stir after he publicly described the cryptocurrency Bitcoin as a "fraud". No wonder, because J.P. Morgan Chase itself benefits from the prevailing financial system - with a profit of almost US $ 26.5 billion.
9. Agricultural Bank of China Limited (ABC Bank) (Profit: $ 29.6 billion)
The Agricultural Bank of China, or ABC Bank for short, is also one of the big four banks in China. ABC Bank was founded in 1949 and, with more than 300,000 employees, mainly looks after customers from the agricultural sector. It went public in 2010, with the Chinese bank taking in more than US $ 19 billion.
8.AT&T (Profit: $ 30.6 billion)
AT&T dividends have increased steadily over the past 34 years. The company is not only on place 8 of the most profitable companies, but also belongs to Fortune 10. The takeover of Time Warner offers new possibilities in entertainment and premium content, advertising, streaming.
7. Verizon Communications (profit: $ 31.2 billion)
Verizon was founded in the USA in 2000. Today the company is characterized by the largest LTE network in the USA and reaches around 98% of all Americans. Oath (a subsidiary of Verizon) owns Yahoo Sports, AOL.com, HuffPost, etc., which total more than 1 billion people worldwide.
6. China Construction Bank Corporation (Profit: $ 37.2 billion)
Beijing-based China Construction Bank (CCB) is not only one of the top four banks in China, but also one of the top three most valuable banks in the world by market capitalization. The CCB employs more than 355,000 people and is represented with over 13,000 branches not only in China, but also in important foreign financial centers such as Frankfurt, London, New York and Tokyo.
5. Berkshire Hathaway (Income: $ 39.7 billion)
The private equity firm Berkshire Hathaway, founded by star investor Warren Buffett, is still on the road to success and is making splendid earnings to the delight of its investors. In addition to insurance, Kraft Heinz, American Airlines, American Express and Wells Fargo are among the top positions in Berkshire's portfolio. Most recently, Berkshire Hathaway significantly increased its stake in Apple - no wonder Apple is one of the most profitable companies in the world.
4. Samsung Electronics (profit: $ 41 billion)
Founded in 1969, Samsung Electronics is the most profitable and largest technology company in South Korea. In addition, Samsung is also the world's largest smartphone manufacturer, the Korean company controls around 25% of the market (source: IDC). Today, Samsung generates the majority of its sales with mobile products such as smartphones and tablets. In addition, Samsung also sells monitors, digital cameras and washing machines.
3. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC) (profit: $ 43.7 billion)
The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) was founded in 1984 with seed capital of 20.8 billion yuan (equivalent to € 2.7 billion) and is considered one of the most profitable companies in the world. With a market value of well over US $ 311 billion, the ICBC is the largest bank in China. In terms of corporate profits, the ICBC ranks third.
2. British American Tobacco (Profit: $ 48.3 billion)
British American Tobacco (founded in 1902) is the second largest tobacco company and the second most profitable company in the world. It was founded in 1902 and has been producing and selling tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco) under the Kent, Dunhill, Lucky Strike and Pall Mall brands ever since.
1. Apple (profit: $ 53.3 billion)
Hardly any other company has been as successful as Apple in recent years. The computer company founded in 1976 had laid the foundation for its later rise with the iPod music player. Other box office hits followed later with the iPhone and the Tablet PC iPad. Apple has now sold over 1.2 billion iPhones worldwide. The new iPhone X also appears to be a huge success, which recently propelled Apple shares to a new record high of over $ 170.
Wall Street - Apple and Facebook convince! A lot has happened on Wall Street this week. Numerous quarterly figures were published, and the central bank followed suit yesterday evening. Tonight, after-hours, among other things… ›read more
- Is grass a gymnosperm or angiosperm
- What are some recommended women's clothing stores
- What are your biggest fashion regrets
- What are some Tamil breakfasts
- Who is Anil Kumble
- How does Stockholm Syndrome affect?
- What is the biggest obstacle to learning
- Why don't nuns wear underpants?
- There are prostitutes in your country
- What is your GuruShots profile url
- How do compilers optimize divisions
- What do you love about writing code
- Should Washington DC be renamed Nova Hierosolyma
- Critical thinking is different from common sense
- Shopping malls will soon disappear
- Is religion the development of atheism
- Who are Bangladesh's allies
- Why is Fairytail so good and popular
- What is it like to be a sardar
- BTS knows sign language
- The aborigines of Great Britain were Celtic
- How does the bra cup size work
- Are the British better than the Europeans
- Why are people afraid of injections