What are some examples of fusiform muscles
English: Pennate muscles
As Feathering refers to the arrangement of the muscle fibers in a muscle in relation to its tendon.
In terms of their feathering, muscles can be divided as follows:
Muscles whose fibers have no feathering are called parallel-fiber muscles.
The strength of a muscle Fm is calculated from the physiological cross-section and is approximately 40 N / cm². For a parallel-fiber muscle, the force transferred to the tendon is F.s (= Tendon force) directly proportional to the anatomical cross-section
In a feathered muscle, this tendon force is changed by the cosine factor of the feathering angle.
Through the feathering of the muscle fibers, a larger physiological cross-section is achieved. The muscle strength of a muscle is about 40 N / cm². If, for example, the anatomical cross-section were tripled through a feathering, the muscle strength would also be tripled. By pinning the muscle fibers, the overall muscle strength increases, and with it the force F transferred to the tendons).
4.1 Sample calculation
Assume that the physiological cross-section of a muscle is tripled by the pinning of the muscle fibers. The anatomical cross-section is 10 cm². Due to the feathering of the fibers, the physiological cross-section is now 30 cm². With a feathering angle of 45 °, the tendon force would only be 70% of the force of a parallel-fiber muscle of the same length, since cos (45 °) = 0.7. However, by tripling the physiological cross-section, the muscle strength triples.
- F.s = (10 cm² x 3) x 40 N x 0.7
- Did Trump cheat on his wives
- How do MBTI types differ between the sexes?
- Is an egg blanket good to eat
- Which lens is used in a camera
- Why is jade stone so expensive
- How can I prevent wall plaster cracks
- What are Chinese misunderstandings about Pakistan
- How can I get an early deposit
- How do you eliminate fear on demand
- Why did Alan Turing commit suicide
- Are women treated the same these days
- How do you say goodbye in Greek
- How can I calculate a bar structure
- What are the supermodels
- Which is best IDP or BC
- Are ex-Muslims tortured by Muslims
- Why does PMMA not dissolve in water?
- What is line of influence in structural analysis
- Why is Sri Lanka separated from India
- What if the US hadn't invaded Iraq?
- Who declared English as a global language
- Why do we make gold jewelry
- Regret studying psychology
- How should I report my school counselor
- Why don't blacks feel better than whites?
- Who friends or friends choose
- What is factset
- What is your simple enjoyment of life
- What do you like about weighted blankets
- What do people usually dream of during the day?
- What is your current wealth
- Was the US ever a British Commonwealth?
- What is the hottest place in india
- Is corporal punishment effective?