Diploma is better or graduation
The "old" diploma courses - the difference to today's Bachelor / Master courses
In addition to the acquisition of a different degree, the biggest difference between the old diploma courses is certainly the structure of the course. Today's bachelor's and master's degree programs are broken down into individual modules and divide the learning material on a large topic into many small units.
The fact that each module is assigned a certain number of credit points (ECTS) also makes bachelor and master studies appear very static and school-based. The curriculum is precisely tailored to the course and there is little capacity to think outside the box.
It was different in the earlier diploma courses: the curriculum was not so schooled here and the student had the opportunity to choose seminars more according to his interests and not because it was in the curriculum.
Diploma courses usually lasted between 8 and 12 semesters. Bachelor's degrees often last 6 semesters and advanced masters 10 semesters.
Which studies still lead to a diploma today?
First of all, it is quite complicated: Although the "old" forms of study are called diploma studies, they usually end in a master's degree!
There are (still) some diplomas, for example in the form of the professional diploma for qualifications in certain professions, which is why there is still the professional title of qualified health and nurse.
As an academic degree, however, the diploma was rarely found as a degree before the Bologna reform: engineering sciences ended (and still often do today) with the title of Dipl.-Ingeneur / in. And the doctors of human medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine make it particularly exciting: Although the titles to be acquired are "Dr." start, it is actually about diploma courses.
Other diploma courses, however, ended earlier with the title "Magister", such as law or architecture. Even if the diploma courses were replaced by the Bachelor-Master courses more than ten years ago, there are still some diploma courses, both with the degree Diploma and Magister.
The best example of a current diploma course is the law course. Not only does the standard period of study of 8 semesters differ from the bachelor's degree, but also with regard to the structure of the study. The classic law course is only offered at universities and is divided into three sections with different focuses. The law studies are then concluded with the preparation of the diploma thesis. The title is usually Mag.iur.
Music & Art area
But other courses are also diploma courses. In particular, musical and artistic courses such as drama, stage design or solo singing are among them.
In the technical area you will sometimes still find diploma courses that are then actually ended with a diploma certificate, not with a master's degree.
- Why is the subway going out of business?
- What did Nietzsche think of Kant's metaphysics?
- How much barber shop owners earn
- How does Nigel Farage benefit from Brexit
- How long and wide are pickups
- What would West Bengal be without Kolkata?
- Why do ionic compounds dissolve in water
- How long does a background check take
- Which language is better Malayalam or Tamil
- Who is faster Thor or The Flash
- Huehner What leads to sudden death in chicks
- Have Muslims and Hindus lived together
- What is your bra size
- Philippines is beautiful
- Is Monero Mining Still Profitable?
- Have Americans heard about Australian Rules Football
- Is it worth it to buy electronic products online
- How many days should one take supplements?
- What kind of clothes do Eskimos wear
- Was Gerry Adams in the IRA
- What if North Korea attacked Israel?
- What punishment will Trump get
- In which countries can I travel in 500?
- Where can I buy CBD oil cheaply