Which sweet potato is good for you
It tastes particularly delicious in soups. But french fries can also be made from sweet potatoes. There is something for every taste.
Our YouTube cooking channel
In our cooking channel you will now find around 750 cooking films in which delicious, vegan and healthy recipes were cooked. It goes this way. You can find recipes with sweet potatoes in the link below.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- BBC: The health benefits of sweet potato
- Organic Facts: 9 Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
- What's New and Beneficial about Sweet Potatoes
- Ahmad MH, Morrison EY, Asemota HN. Food processing methods influence the glycaemic indices of some commonly eaten West Indian carbohydrate-rich foods. Br J Nutr. 2006 Sep; 96 (3): 476-81. 2006.
- Bahado-Singh PS, Wheatley AO et al. Food processing methods influence the glycaemic indices of some commonly eaten West Indian carbohydrate-rich foods. Br J Nutr. 2006 Sep; 96 (3): 476-81. 2006.
- Bengtsson A, Brackmann C, Enejder A et al. Effects of Thermal Processing on the in Vitro Bioaccessibility and Microstructure of '-Carotene in Orange-Fleshed Sweet Potato. J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Oct 1. [Epub ahead of print]. 2010.
- Chang WH, Huang YF, Yeh TS et al. Effect of purple sweet potato leaves consumption on exercise-induced oxidative stress, and IL-6 and HSP72 levels. J Appl Physiol. 2010 Sep 23. [Epub ahead of print]. 2010.
- Choi JH, Choi CY, Lee KJ et al. Hepatoprotective effects of an anthocyanin fraction from purple-fleshed sweet potato against acetaminophen-induced liver damage in mice. J Med Food. 2009 Apr; 12 (2): 320-6. 2009.
- Failla ML, Thakkar SK and Kim JY. In vitro bioaccessibility of beta-carotene in orange fleshed sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas, Lam.). J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Nov 25; 57 (22): 10922-7. 2009.
- Han KH, Matsumoto A, Shimada K et al. Effects of anthocyanin-rich purple potato flakes on antioxidant status in F344 rats fed a cholesterol-rich diet. Br J Nutr. 2007 Nov; 98 (5): 914-21. Epub 2007 Jun 11. 2007.
- Hwang YP, Choi JH, Yun HJ et al. Anthocyanins from purple sweet potato attenuate dimethylnitrosamine-induced liver injury in rats by inducing Nrf2-mediated antioxidant enzymes and reducing COX-2 and iNOS expression. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010 Oct 8. [Epub ahead of print]. 2010.
- Low JW, Arimond M, Osman N, et al. A food-based approach introducing orange-fleshed sweet potatoes increased vitamin A intake and serum retinol concentrations in young children in rural Mozambique. J Nutr. 2007 May; 137 (5): 1320-7. 2007.
- Ludvik B, Hanefeld M, and Pacini G. Improved metabolic control by Ipomoea batatas (Caiapo) is associated with increased adiponectin and decreased fibrinogen levels in type 2 diabetic subjects. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2008 Jul; 10 (7): 586-92. Epub 2007 Jul 21.
- Mei X, Mu TH and Han JJ. Composition and physicochemical properties of dietary fiber extracted from residues of 10 varieties of sweet potato by a sieving method. J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Jun 23; 58 (12): 7305-10. 2010.
- Mills JP, Tumuhimbise GA, Jamil KM et al. Sweet potato beta-carotene bioefficacy is enhanced by dietary fat and not reduced by soluble fiber intake in Mongolian gerbils. J Nutr. 2009 Jan; 139 (1): 44-50. Epub 2008 Dec 3rd 2009.
- Noda N and Horiuchi Y. The resin glycosides from the sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L. LAM.). Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008 Nov; 56 (11): 1607-10. 2008.
- Ozaki S, Oki N, Suzuki S, et al. Structural Characterization and Hypoglycemic Effects of Arabinogalactan-Protein from the Tuberous Cortex of the White-Skinned Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatas L.). J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Oct 29. [Epub ahead of print]. 2010.
- Philpott M, Ferguson LR, Gould KS et al. Anthocyanidin-containing compounds occur in the periderm cell walls of the storage roots of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas). J Plant Physiol. 2009 Jul 1; 166 (10): 1112-7. Epub 2009 Feb 6th 2009.
- Tumuhimbise GA, Namutebi A and Muyonga JH. Microstructure and in vitro beta carotene bioaccessibility of heat processed orange fleshed sweet potato. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2009 Dec; 64 (4): 312-8. 2009.
- Wang YJ, Zheng YL, Lu J et al. Purple sweet potato color suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced acute inflammatory response in mouse brain. Neurochem Int. 2010 Feb; 56 (3): 424-30. Epub 2009 Nov 24th 2010.
- Xie J, Han YT, Wang CB et al. Purple sweet potato pigments protect murine thymocytes from (60) Co gamma-ray-induced mitochondria-mediated apoptosis. Int J Radiat Biol. 2010 Aug 10. [Epub ahead of print]. 2010.
- Yin YQ, Huang XF, Kong LY et al. Three new pentasaccharide resin glycosides from the roots of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas). Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008 Dec; 56 (12): 1670-4. 2008.
- Zhang ZF, Fan SH, Zheng YL et al. Purple sweet potato color attenuates oxidative stress and inflammatory response induced by d-galactose in mouse liver. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009 Feb; 47 (2): 496-501. Epub 2008 Dec 13th 2009.
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Why are my parents so strict
- Can I make my own tobacco blend
- Jews put their fellow Jews first
- Are my thoughts mine
- Is the schizoaffective disorder permanent
- What are the Canadian Household Income Quintiles
- Who are Uzbekistan's enemies
- Why should you move to Panama
- When does Stripe accept payments from India
- Become the United States Commonwealth
- Can I do aerospace engineering according to MBBS
- How to clone an HTML website
- Accepts QuickBooks advertising
- Why is Entity Framework so slow
- What is the biggest obstacle to learning
- How much are PhD students paid
- Are Motorola Phones Worth Buying in 2020?
- What is a spiritual healer
- Why did Israel withdraw from Lebanon?
- How can I meet the devil
- Where can I find an orgy party?
- Why do some Punjabis look like Pashtuns?
- What are some examples of political institutions
- Is Venice safe to walk at night