How do I identify a militant atheist
Welcome to the research group Weltanschauungen in Germany - fowid.
Quote: "It is easier to deceive people than to convince them that they have been deceived." (Mark Twain)
Church as a moral authority
Fowid note: On behalf of the evangelical news agency IDEA, the market and social research institute INSA-Consulere (Erfurt) recently asked the question: “What is your opinion on the following statement? The church is an important moral authority for me. ”The answers are - also in their facets - a reflection of the current situation of the (two large) churches in Germany: Only 16 percent of the respondents consider the church as a moral authority.
Attitudes to euthanasia - 2021
fowid note: On the occasion of the beginning discussion in the German Bundestag about a legal regulation on euthanasia, YouGov presented the results of a current survey on the subject. The result is clear that the proportion of the population who support assisted suicide has increased from 69 percent (in 2019) to 75 percent.
Trust in the churches
An evaluation of surveys from the past 25 years shows how trust in the churches in Germany is decreasing. In the end, only 22 percent trust the churches. In essence, however, it is not about religion or personal belief, but about the role of leaders, the clergy. You have probably not yet realized that you have become politically dispensable. Not only for society and the state, but also for a significant proportion of their formal church members.
Violence and religion
Fowid note: A WZB survey experiment among Christians, Muslims and Jews in seven countries shows the mobilizing power of religious written sources. Verses legitimizing violence in religious scriptures increase support for deadly violence. However, there are clear differences between the three Abrahamic religions.
UK: Non-denominational - 2021 census
Fowid note: England, Wales and Northern Ireland had the 2021 census on March 21, 2021 and, as the Guardian reported, less than half of the UK population is expected to identify as Christians. If so, the results would include according to the polls by the National Center for Social Research that the “No Religion” are in the majority in the UK.
Atheists by religion
If one understands the term "atheist" not as an assignment of a militant "God" fighting mentality, but only as what the term means simply translated, then it means "without God" or "godless", without any further evaluation. To be a church member in Germany does not automatically mean to believe in a God or to be a believer at all.
USA - Church members under 50 percent
fowid note: The Gallup Institute in the USA has also been asking about church membership of Americans since 1937. For decades, the proportion of formal religious members in the United States has remained relatively stable at around 70 percent. From the turn of the millennium, this proportion fell continuously and fell below the 50 percent mark for the first time in 2020.
Family - happiness - marriage
Up until 2010, the opinion that you need a family “to be really happy” was answered in the same order of magnitude (around 75 percent), as was the opinion that you should get married if you were to live with a partner all the time , was mostly answered with "Yes". Since then, these approval ratings have been decreasing. At the same time, the evaluations of the family and the role of women change. A data report.
Reasons for leaving the church
The fowid statistics observer: The discussions in the Archdiocese of Cologne about dealing with child abuse by clerics and the behavior of the archbishop are accompanied by reports, surveys and statistics that act between reality and wishful thinking. A recent survey confirms that around 30 percent are currently (and consistently) considering leaving the church.
USA: Willingness to vaccinate and religion
Fowid note: According to a study by the PEW Research Center, the researchers in the report “10 facts about Americans and coronavirus vaccines” come to a connection between willingness to be vaccinated and religion: “Among the religious groups, atheists are most likely to say that they are vaccinated or have already received a dose, while white evangelicals least of all say or have done so. "
- What are some hacks and tips for hiring
- How can I recognize an INFP
- Why do some people like to humiliate others
- Google's Jeff Dean is a billionaire
- What are the religions of the BlackPink members
- How often do you buy shoes
- How is electrical energy created
- What are the solvents for sulfur
- Did you receive your wedding dress
- What are the cons of QuickBooks
- Did samurai actually compete with ninjas?
- What bothers you most about society?
- What is Vorlander rule
- We have Turo in Canada
- What is a health insurance premium
- Is Christianity the consummation of Judaism
- Killed Instagram Path
- Why do some people call me Chutiya
- Was the 1989 film Glory historically correct?
- What is the meaning of life experience
- How do I remove dark circles naturally
- Software Development Company in the USA
- Critical thinking is different from common sense
- Is seen 6 2 as large
- How is California State University doing
- Is Armenia an Arab country or not
- How do male porn stars prevent premature ejaculation
- How do you dream more often
- How violence creates violence
- Was Emperor Constantine a Christian
- What do the Turks think of Kazakhs
- How do you lower your regulating force
- Why aren't good people great
- Why is marriage important in life