Why does Indian speak English to Indian
Indian English or Hinglish
What is the mysterious word - "Hinglish"? Quite simply, Hinglish - a mixture of Hindi (the official language of India) and other Indian languages like Punjabi, Bengali etc. D., and English, which is the second official language in India .. According to world statistics, Indian English is used by about 350 million people spoken in Indian cities.
It is not difficult to guess what the young people, living in urban India, actively working the contemporary processes of globalization in the world, are the most ardent supporters of the English. Linked with the development of television and the Internet, this has led to the introduction of English in the local Hindi, which is not, but could cause confusion in the vocabulary and grammar of these two very different languages. So as a result we got a dialect Hinglish t. E. English + Hindi which explains the essence of the new phenomenon.
Features of Indian English
What are the characteristics of the Hinglish? Indian English - rich language that emerged as a result of both borrowing from literature, t E. The official language in accordance with all rules and traditions and by which is spoken, called the national language, and, of course, from the British Standards speech. However, the history of India is also interesting in that in this case there is a borrowing of words and phrases, not only British but also American English. This has led to discrepancies in the spelling. For example, can be read as in Indian newspapers color and color
But the biggest difference is Hinglish in English pronunciation. People from different parts of India pronounce words with a different accent and English words, which in turn undergo strong tonal transformations. A video is also proposed in which the nebezizvestny hero of the series "Big Bang" The Big Bang Theory Raj Koothrappali try to speak perfect English while his friend Howard Volovitts, native English speaker, mimics the Indian language. Who will be better? To search. Below is a list of the sentences used by the heroes of the next video with translation.
- To speak to a call center in India - to communicate with the Indian call center.
- To use smb’s regular voice - to speak as usual (in the manner of my own self).
- To feel like making fun of smb - Feel Like mocking someone.
- It's ridiculous - That is ridiculous!
- Terrible accent - a terrible accent.
- Brilliant accent - big accent.
- Good Lord, what have I done - My God, what did I do?
- Alright, hot-shot - Well, you are a brave boy!
- Let's see your Indian - let's get your Indian (accent).
Hinglish can be expressed in many forms - similar to English, it can be non-existent words or are semi-English. Also, you can call Hinglish the local way of pronouncing English words. What that means is that you can watch absolutely chaotic ways of intermingling, the whole point is that there are some clear boundaries or rules, but because the Indian version of the English language, being popular and used is constantly changing, it gets richer.
If you have had the opportunity to watch Bollywood films, you will likely have heard the sound of Hinglish because it is a modern expression of Hindi that is one of its basic functions. «Modern» in this case is expressed in «nezatsiklennosti» traditional rules.
- Time kya hua hai = What time is it right now
- I have hazaar things to tell you = I have thousands of things to tell you
- Chello to designate an offer somewhere, t E .. let's go and achcha - is banal OK
- Thirsty, kya = Are you thirsty
Mixing the two languages results in fast growing popularity of Bollywood films and the ongoing implementation of Indian specialists in the field IT India is also known for its technical support to help understand this - a feat as the most frequent users of Internet services come from European countries and America that have never been to India.
In addition, Hinglish is used not only in India but also in the UK and the reason for this was the same in all Bollywood films. For example the British entered lexicon from slang phrases such as innit T. E. The short form isn't it Can be used as a rate reduction like It's going to rainwe need umbrella, innit "This means, don’t we
Features of the use of the English language in the context of the hindi
The specifics of using English in Hindi are:
- Use endings - ing for example: You must be knowing this actress "Or:" Hello! It is nice meeting youHello! It is nice meeting you «.
- Add end - ji to the name, which means the expression of piety and deep respect, for example: ChrisjiMichaelji
- Usually verbs avoided changing over time, in most cases using only the infinitive without faces. For example, Yesterday he watch his favorite film again
- Some Indian word cannot be replaced by English. These words are, for example, pronouns that are almost never the British, as well as the possessive pronouns.
- The main requirement of Hinglish - all words must be pronounced as if they came across an American Indian. Pronunciation -. That is one of the main points, ie E., even if you properly build the sentence not observing pronunciation inherent in Indians, then it will not be Hinglish.
- Grammar that is based on the sentence structure in Hinglish has mainly its roots in Hindi, i.e. the usual order of words can be forgotten, for example, You will come tomorrow »
- The stress atypical for English: OK instead of OK
- Indians often end up with suggestions of clarifying questions no "(" Do not you "?):" They really knowing each other well, no »
In view of the characteristics of the Indian pronunciation of the English language, these are soft / l /, which is associated with the specifics of the national language phonetics. The lack of sound in Hindi / z / makes itself felt when we hear / j / instead of, for example supposed / s ə p əʊ jt /.
When the Indians want to establish a dialogue with the British or American, they use Hinglish, but then, and found misunderstandings and disagreements, so many stable idioms and phrases used by the British have a very different meaning in India, and some- are only used there.
The Indians asked the person's name like this: What is your good name "Because in Hindi there is a constant term on this matter" Shubh naam ", which does ______________ mean, good name
Right now, Indian English is most commonly used in advertising campaigns, slogans, and posters. That way, it's easier to get attention to the product. The use of English words shows that the brand is modern and focuses more on young people. And if you want to get to know the interesting phenomenon of the Hinglish, we strongly recommend to delve into the world of Indian newspapers and television. Do you want to improve your Hinglish listening skills? I advise you to pay attention to that stand-up Their humor will introduce you to a local twist and show highlights and stereotypes about Indian life. Enjoy
the Author: Daria
- Beautiful people have beautiful children
- Will Apple purchase the TikTok app
- Which is the Tamil god
- Who the US supports India or Pakistan
- Are Indians richer than the Chinese
- Why does some silver tarnish faster?
- Why are transgender people murdered so often?
- Why is anime so relaxing
- How do you connect PayPal and venmo
- What are easy ways to create backlinks
- Why are Greek men so beautiful
- What is the best eye vitamin supplement
- What is the best dropshipper in usa
- What is your favorite Skylander and why
- What is Black Bitcoin
- New York University is renowned in Singapore
- Is suspension from school a good punishment?
- How do you calculate dividends
- How do I cut a mango
- Why it feels good to hug someone who is special
- How cold it gets in Sydney
- How is the Japanese behavior towards immigrants
- Who Makes More Money Auditors or Accountants
- Why do tectonic plates move slowly