How do I identify a DUNS number
The D-U-N-S number is a nine-digit number that can be used to clearly identify companies based on their location. It is assigned and administered by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) and used as a standardized code in the business sector.
As part of our verification process for registering for the Apple Developer Program or the Apple Developer Enterprise Program, we use your D-U-N-S number to check the identity and legal form of your organization. Many types of companies can be assigned a D-U-N-S number, but your company must be recognized as a legal entity (e.g. corporation, limited partnership, GmbH) in order to enter into a legally binding contract for participation in the Apple Developer Program. DBAs, fictitious companies, trade names and branches are not accepted.
Companies and educational institutions must provide a D-U-N-S number registered for their legal entity. Providing a D-U-N-S number is optional for government organizations. If you register as an individual, you do not need a D-U-N-S number.
Request a D-U-N-S number
D&B may already have assigned a free D-U-N-S number to your organization. Before signing up, find your company (English) to see if it has a D-U-N-S number. If your company is not on the list, you can send your information to Dun & Bradstreet for a free D-U-N-S number.
When reviewing your business, you will need to provide the following information:
- Legal person name
- Headquarters address
- Mailing address
- Your professional contact details
As part of the verification process, a D&B employee can contact you directly to obtain further information (e.g. type of business activity, number of employees). Have your business registration documents ready.
Receive and manage your D-U-N-S number
After you have applied for a D-U-N-S number, it can take up to five business days for you to receive it from D&B. The creation of your D-U-N-S number cannot be accelerated. If more than two weeks have passed since the application, send an email to D&B.
After you have received your D-U-N-S number, it can take up to two business days for Apple to receive your information from D&B. You can then register as a company or organization for the Apple Developer Program.
If you'd like to update your D&B profile, send an email to D&B. Please note that it can take up to two business days for D&B to send Apple the updated information.
When I registered, I saw the message “Your organization is not listed as a legal entity”. What does that mean?
Either the company you specified is listed in the D&B database with a different legal form (e.g. sole proprietorship) or it has not yet been checked. When registering, be sure to enter the correct name of your organization as Apple does not accept DBAs, fictitious companies, trade names, or branches. If your organization is a sole proprietorship, register as an individual (English). If you believe that your company should be listed as a legal entity, have your business registration documents ready and send an email to D&B. To check the legal form of your organization, the complete documents of your business registration are required.
- Sells Nike canvas shoes
- What are the criticisms of socialism
- How do I say Cebolla in English
- How can I change my Netflix account?
- How can we make our parents happy?
- How do I sell LIC guidelines
- Why do rural Americans usually vote Republicans?
- What are the different types of flooring
- Barack Obama is misunderstood
- Are 80 points less in the 10th standard
- What is the Japanese rating system
- Which country loves India
- Siddhartha was the first Buddha
- Are refugees regarded as citizens?
- What are the best merchant marine experiences
- Who is the best model in Blackpink
- How do I overcome shyness or insecurity
- What is Genco Transco and Discoms
- How many languages did Mozart speak
- What are some good mashed potatoes recipes
- Does Russia have an ally in Europe?
- Inherited from mother or father in bipolar mode
- How do I lose breast fat
- Is the pharmacy better than an MBBS
- Where do pathogenic bacteria live
- How can I make cheap canvas prints
- Is it worth settling in Quebec, Canada
- Will Ronaldo ever return to Real Madrid?
- Why are there 9-month master’s courses
- What are web apps and native apps
- What are the uses of human waste
- How do I meet Nigerians in Australia
- Is simulated reality real