How will Brexit affect other European countries
Brexit deal: How the new EU-UK relationship will affect us
The UK left the EU on January 31, 2020. There was then a transition period during which the UK remained part of the internal market and customs union to allow for talks on future relations. After intensive negotiations, an agreement on future relations between the EU and the United Kingdom was concluded at the end of December 2020, which was approved by Parliament on April 27, 2021.
A number of issues have already been settled in the Withdrawal Agreement that the EU and the United Kingdom agreed on at the end of 2019. The Withdrawal Agreement concerns the protection of the rights of EU citizens in the UK and of Britons living in the Union, the financial commitments the UK has made as a Member State and border issues, particularly with regard to Ireland.
Living and working in the UK or EU
EU citizens in the UK and UK nationals in an EU member state who were there before January 2021 can continue to live and work there provided they register and obtain a permit from the national authorities of the member states or the UK have received.
UK citizens who do not already live in the EU do not automatically get the right to live and work in an EU country (other than Ireland). Your rights can also be restricted. The United Kingdom has a separate agreement with Ireland. In addition, qualifications are no longer automatically recognized by EU countries, as was previously the case.
British nationals who want to travel to an EU country and stay there for more than 90 days must meet the same requirements for entry and residence as people from third countries. This also applies to British citizens with a secondary residence in the EU.
EU citizens wishing to stay or work in the UK for a longer period of time - d. H. for a period of over six months - must meet the requirements set out by the UK government, including applying for a visa.
UK nationals do not require a visa to travel up to 90 days within a 180 day period.
However, UK nationals are no longer entitled to use the separate border inspection posts for Union citizens. They also need a return ticket and must be able to prove that they have sufficient funds for their stay. In addition, your passport must be valid for at least six months.
EU citizens can visit the UK without a visa for a maximum of six months. You must have a valid passport to enter the UK.
With the European Health Insurance Card, EU citizens temporarily staying in the UK will still receive emergency care. For stays of more than six months, they have to pay certain health contributions.
Retirees can continue to receive health care where they live. The country that pays the pension reimburses the country of residence.
The UK has decided to stop participating in the popular Erasmus + exchange program and to start its own program. There is no longer any possibility for students from the EU to spend an Erasmus semester in the UK. Students from Northern Ireland can still take part in Erasmus +.
Movement of goods and services
With the agreement, goods traded between the UK and EU countries are not subject to tariffs or quotas. However, there are new procedures for the movement of goods in and out of the United Kingdom: at the borders, checks are carried out to ensure that internal market rules (e.g. health, safety, social and environmental standards) or applicable United Kingdom legislation are in force Kingdom are respected. This means a plus in bureaucratic effort and additional costs. All imports into the Union are subject to customs formalities and must meet EU standards - therefore they are subject to controls. Goods moving between Northern Ireland and the EU are excluded.
British companies no longer automatically have the right to offer services across the EU. If they want to continue to operate in the EU, they have to settle there.
- Deceiving adulterers anywhere other than their marriage
- Which is the national bird of India
- What is Semitic Religion
- What will happen to Tony Stark's daughter
- What first came Mesopotamia or Hinduism
- Can Muslims acquire Japanese citizenship?
- How do I start my SMM company
- Is Russia socialist communist or capitalist
- What is the UK national motto
- Is spoken in Goa Konkani
- Did BR Ambedkar make any mistakes?
- What are top business ideas
- Why do bodyguards wear black goggles?
- Which freelance job is in very good demand
- Could the British Empire have been bigger?
- A urinary tract infection can cause an altered mental status
- What are some great WhatsApp profile pictures
- What is the purpose of a foundation
- What are teachers paying teachers lesson plans
- Is Buddhism a religion or a spirituality?
- What are some common fashion mistakes
- Is Ceres an asteroid
- What is the definition of accounting
- Why can most Europeans speak many languages
- Examples of India is a secular country
- How many patents do I need
- Is Brittany a good place to live?
- Russia also has problems with immigration
- How does creatine harm your kidneys
- Are there still layoffs at Tech Mahindra?
- Is job in TCS better than Accenture
- Does puberty ever pause